Fender Bras

Apr 11, 2010
HSV, AR
I have a Hannigan kit and they don't offer the factory bras, like Motor Trike. Any aftermarket ones out there or do you just go to a local upholstery shop to have some made? If so, any suggestions on the inner lining to prevent it rubbing through the paint?

I have a Hannigan kit and they don't offer the factory bras, like Motor Trike. Any aftermarket ones out there or do you just go to a local upholstery shop to have some made? If so, any suggestions on the inner lining to prevent it rubbing through the paint?

Here is were I got mine made. peckaloos.com/trike.html
She did a great job.
Butch

I have a canvas shop 3 doors down from me. Took a picture of the Motor Trike bras with me and they made some to fit my Champion.

Thanks, I checked with Peekaloos, but she doesn't have anything for the Hannigan. Guess I'll go to a local appholstry shop and see what they can do.

Looked at the bras ... Not gonna get one ... I have seen too many cars with them and they catch dirt underneath ... That acts like sandpaper on the finish ... I think if I was to go for some protection and dressiness I would opt for some diamond plate or maybe brushed stainless or aluminum ...

thanks for that feedback. I was also concerned about the finish underneath as I've seen many car finishes ruined by bras. Figured that if I did go with a bra, it would have to be something that would be permanent. Never considered the metal options, but it's worth thinking about.

thanks for that feedback. I was also concerned about the finish underneath as I've seen many car finishes ruined by bras. Figured that if I did go with a bra, it would have to be something that would be permanent. Never considered the metal options, but it's worth thinking about.

I'm thinking of using 3M ScotchGuard Paint Protectant film at ~$10 a foot plus installation (just like window tinting). To install on just the rear fenders body, you'd need to use ~3-4 feet.

I got bras with the Shadow when I got from MotorTrike last year. They also provided some sage advice about maintaining the bras.

Simply put: Take the bras off after you've been riding in the rain and wipe dry both the bra and the fender and you won't have any paint problems. Leaving the bras on while wet will eventually lead to blistered paint on the fenders.

I've found that advice to be very sound and good. 12K miles later I still have nice, shiny, clean fenders.

I’m glad that I decided to install the 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film onto my Trike. We covered everything that faces the front; front fender, faring, mirrors, running boards and rear fenders. This install was not easy, since the trike has quite a few curves and many aftermarket accessories that needed special attention, but it's done! Now I can take this baby on long distance rides without worrying about stone chips, bug damage, abrasion and weathering. :yes:

I’m glad that I decided to install the 3M Scotchgard Paint Protection Film onto my Trike. We covered everything that faces the front; front fender, faring, mirrors, running boards and rear fenders. This install was not easy, since the trike has quite a few curves and many aftermarket accessories that needed special attention, but it's done! Now I can take this baby on long distance rides without worrying about stone chips, bug damage, abrasion and weathering. :yes:

I have had the 3M film now for over 2 years and doing a good job on my trike. There are a few blemishes in the film but overall I would give it a "A" rating

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png