Windshield Cleaner

Aug 27, 2011
Evansville, IN
I need some ideas for cleaning the windshield of my truck. While making one last trip to my old place over the weekend I filled up at a circle k and used their cleaning brush AND after trying to RE-clean it at least 5 times with several products it still has an oily smear look. Driving into the sun gets real bad! The last product I tried was Windex Foam & have tried a couple of different brand blue sprays, but so far nothing will touch what got on my glass! I'm about ready to get out the razor blades, so please help if you can, THANKS

Just straight rubbing alcohol? I can use it in a spray bottle I guess, thanks for the helpThumbUp
I had thought about using vinegar or something like that, but wasn't sure.

vinegar and water will cut most grease. Some Windex bottles have vinegar in them. Just for your purpose you might want more then what they put in. Like all mentioned all assuming your dealing with glass here.

Rubbing alcohol, best glass cleaner there is as long as it is real glass not Plexiglas .

Gotta agree with rubbing alcohol. I like the 90% if you can find it. I just pour it on an old washrag, and wipe off all the old bug grease, road tar, etc. Then polish it up with a windex type spray.

During lovebug season down here, I keep a bottle behind the seat of the truck.

Best thing I've found for removing oil film from a windshield is Coke Cola... Take a micro-fiber rag and pour Coke on it, then wipe off the windshield. I usually follow up with Spray-away glass cleaner. But it works. If Coke can clean the stains out of your toilet bowl it'll have no problem with an oily film.

8~\o

Best thing I've found for removing oil film from a windshield is Coke Cola... Take a micro-fiber rag and pour Coke on it, then wipe off the windshield. I usually follow up with Spray-away glass cleaner. But it works. If Coke can clean the stains out of your toilet bowl it'll have no problem with an oily film.

8~\o

I have used coke to clean battery cables before, but never thought about using it for oily clean up. If the other ideas fail I'll go buy me a can of coke!:D

Thanks for all the cleaning ideas, I knew I could count on TT members :pepper:ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wildthang
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png