What is your intercom setting?

Sep 3, 2015
DALLAS
Passenger and I both have 3/4 helmets most of the time. We are getting too much wind noise through our J/M headsets. What do you have your intercom set at>
2001 Trike.

We had a lot of wind noise too. There is a product called Mic-mutes that kills both mics when you tap the CB transmit lever so you get rid of the wind noise picked up by the mics. If you don't have a CB transmit button for your passenger you can order one and then the passenger can also turn on and off the Mic-mutes and transmit on the CB. You don't hold the transmit lever or button to use the intercom you just momentarily tap it to turn the mics on or off. It doesn't effect the rest of the system it just disables the mics.

Will it work if you don,t have a cb, but do have the controls.

• Mic-Mutes is an electronic system that measures timing of activation of either the rider's or passenger's CB radio transmit switches. When either CB transmit switch is momentarilyoperated for less then .5 seconds and released, it causes Mic-Mutes to toggle both microphones (ON to OFF) or (OFF to ON) for the intercom. Note that for the GL1800 Gold Wing, Mic-Mutes will work without the CB radio option installed.​

Heres a twofold answer. My wife has tinnitis due to meds in her ears . So I have a volume controller inline for me. We run our headset music volume about 18. One of the things I found with the drivers mic is it picks up wind from the open vent in the windshield even if you have the foam and rubber cover. If you get a lot of wind noise and you and the missus dont talk a bit turn down your microphone volume. I normally run the mic volume at 9 and the mute setting at 9 also. With a lot of wind Ill turn the mic vol down as far as 7 and then turn it up to talk. You kind of have to find your happy spot playing with the settings due to your helmets and your wing.

I usually keep the mic volume at 11 - 13, and the music mute at 20. We have 3/4 helmets, but we both have bubble shields. Behind the windshield I am OK, but up a bit and back some Gloria gets more wind, which causes the VOX to kick in and mute the music. We have a push-on, push-off button from Air Rider for her mic, but I usually have to remind her to use it.
(Slightly off topic) I am thinking of going with Sena SMH-10 as they are bluetooth, so there are no wires, and have a noise reduction function (which would be great on the stock intercoms) , as well as being able to play our phones and music players separately.

I bought the J&M headset cable with the in-line volume controller for me. Probably the best thing I bought. http://wingstuff.com/products/21084-p-series-lower-8-pin-cord-w-volume-control?context=jm-electronics_audio

She has the J&M passenger controller. http://wingstuff.com/products/4172-...assenger-control?context=jm-electronics_audio

She usually likes to listen to the music more than I so I just turn down the volume. If she wants me she just taps me on the shoulder. Depending on the situation I also turn the mic volume down a little and that reduces the noise from her mic but then I cannot hear her that well. The wind noise is very annoying but just cannot get myself to spend the money on the mic-mutes. Also my wife does not need any more buttons to push. Mine is enough
frown.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png