What's the problem with newbie introductions?

Nov 16, 2011
Jacksonville Beach
Not a real criticism here, but I've noticed that a lot of the seasoned members habitually reply to New Member introductions, as it should be. Kudos to you regulars and moderators!:clapping:

But why is the message an often times "Welcome to TT" and not much else? If it's their first or second post don't you wonder who they are, where they're from, or what they ride?

I always take a look at their profile and try to personalize it a little, so they know there is a real person behind the screen that gives a squat that they found our board.

Sure, I get it, you're super busy and don't have time to respond to stuff, but feel like you're obligated to reply to new posts. I do too. Obviously you don't need the big post count to boost your rep on the TT board, so why bother?

If you don't have time to reply, don't worry about it, plenty of other members will fill in the gap. You folks are the greatest, but sometimes you just try too hard.

Yeah,, I know it was,, but had to have some fun with ya..! Most of the time I am very busy, not retired yet by a long shot, with limited time to read everything on here. I actually open only about 4 to 5 forums. General, travel, HD trikes, BBQ grillin' & The Jungle. Firearms once in a while. There is nothing else I can add or do to my old antique 2011. I don't even open threads about Trikes 2014 and up, or about Freewheelers. I do really like Freewheelers though.

Many of the questions posted I have already seen answered, some by me, many many times. Don't have time to read a 39 page thread about water bottle holders.:AGGHH: I don't even carry one. Have to be choosey where I spend my time...such as this thread!!:D Ha ha!

I know there are plenty of guys on here to jump in and get the newbies navigated. My standard answer these days would be to use the search feature,, you will find at least 100 threads about your question. So I appreciate that guys like you can put more effort into that than some of us can..!!! So.... Good job,,, and Thanks!!! ThumbUp

To me sometimes just an acknowledgement that youve joined is enough for some people. My favorite issue is the ones that never introduce themselves and have an issue. Then they post on every forum related to their bike and then never say thank you or get back with what they found.

To me sometimes just an acknowledgement that youve joined is enough for some people. My favorite issue is the ones that never introduce themselves and have an issue. Then they post on every forum related to their bike and then never say thank you or get back with what they found.

You're absolutely right, Mick.

I've looked back at some of the new member entries and see that they've only posted once or twice, then nothing for 6 months or a year or more. Why do they bother signing up? Maybe they're trolling, or troublemakers, or maybe they're habitual joiners.

I read a lot of general interest forums every day, but I don't register on most because I don't plan to contribute much to their discussions or visit their site very often.

Personally, I like to take an interest in the newbies, whether they are real TT potential or just passing through.

Like you said, sometimes just an acknowledgement is sufficient.
Myself, I've found a real home here! :AllGood:

HaHa!! Yep... It's Yuge!!!! Yuge I tell ya!!

Are you a comedian on your day off?

Here's a headline from "The Right Scoop":
Trump still has a YUGE LEAD in new post-debate national poll.

Thought you didn't have time to be reading this kind of effluent.
(Yeah, yeah, I know, just look it up for yourself.)

well gota say when I showed up @ tt was happy that some folks took the time to say welcome to.... or aboard or what ever.
guess we could all try a little harder,,,,
but I say thanks to all that take the time to say anything encouraging to my posting- no mater how brief- I think this is a great forum- party on!!
magoo

well gota say when I showed up @ tt was happy that some folks took the time to say welcome to.... or aboard or what ever.
guess we could all try a little harder,,,,
but I say thanks to all that take the time to say anything encouraging to my posting- no mater how brief- I think this is a great forum- party on!!
magoo

Well, of course.

You are a valued member of this board and we're always glad to see you post. I didn't mean to belittle those who don't post a big response to the new member. Me personally, I like to take a minute to say something meaningful. Is it a big deal? Of course not!

I'm just old and crotchety, a curmudgeon set in my ways with a mouth that hasn't a brain cell attached to it. Can you tell?? :Joker3:

Or,the ones that get multiple pages of welcomes,questions about their ride,etc and never respond again. ;)

Are you a comedian on your day off?

Here's a headline from "The Right Scoop":
Trump still has a YUGE LEAD in new post-debate national poll.

Thought you didn't have time to be reading this kind of effluent.
(Yeah, yeah, I know, just look it up for yourself.)

What day off?! I will take the time to read or spout about any kind of effluent {and I already knew that shi**y definition} if it makes me laugh, or at least smile.! Laffin' is my favorite emotion as it can have a direct affect on all the other emotions. Glad you have a sense of humor too... A lot of folks here are lacking in that dept these days.... :kpzxvq: ThumbUp

I appreciate anyone that posts a welcome to new members, no matter what they post. I agree it's nice to read the profile and respond with a personalized message and I'm glad to see you doing that jaxbob, but not everyone can be expected to do it every time, especially when it is usually the same dozen or so people who almost always take the time to welcome folks. Kudos to the dedicated greeters! You guys rock!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fredmarkley5050#gmail.com
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png