Hannigan Introduces HRT Reverse Trike Conversion

For Hannigan and Motortrike the RT is just another option to their production units but their main focus is still the wheels back conversions. In time the RT business will probably dominate the market as it has proven to be the better choice.
Endeavor Trikes is the only company that does all makes and models and specializes in just the wheels forward designs. Endeavor also went into production in 2014 and the others followed just this year.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-...nstead-of-the-back-on-a-three-wheeled-vehicle

Last edited:
Any idea how many of these have been sold?

As a Can Am Spyder rider I've gotten used to the reverse trike arraingment. However, I'd like to have the reliability and comfort of the Goldwing, plus the less-costly maintenance. With the addition of the kit in front, any ideas how easy it is to change the oil as compared to a 2 wheeled 'Wing?

Oil changes are a snap as you can just slide the pan under and let it rip. The centerstand stays on and is super easy to use with this setup so that helps with those 10k oil changes :))) and also with rear tire changes although tires tend to last 50k or so.

The reverse trikes have many advantages over conventional trikes. Handling and stability, increased storage and FAR less maintenance with the front end are just a few. I'm sure it will take some time but these will catch on as more potential future trikers become aware of them.

I'm wondering about them in a different. Hey Zook, have you taking an authorization class to install a reverse kit yet?:Shrug:

As a Can Am Spyder rider I've gotten used to the reverse trike arraingment. However, I'd like to have the reliability and comfort of the Goldwing, plus the less-costly maintenance. With the addition of the kit in front, any ideas how easy it is to change the oil as compared to a 2 wheeled 'Wing?

I have a Hannigan RT and changing the oil is no harder than on a conventional 2 wheeler, in fact I still the same Craftsman side lift the same as I did with the 2 wheeler. This also makes it easier to remove the wheels.
If you get one I would strongly suggest you also get a car tire for the rear (Hannigan now offers this as an option)as it has much more contact patch for better traction and since you do not lean into the turns any longer you do not have to worry about the tire shoulders. I run a Bridgestone Potenza Run Flat.

Be nice if they had this for the Ultra Classic Limited. I loose the tri glide in a New York minuet. :D

check with Hannigan on the Harley RT. I know when they where converting my Goldwing just after Daytona Bike Weeks last spring they had a demo model in the shop they where working on

Be nice if they had this for the Ultra Classic Limited. I loose the tri glide in a New York minuet. :D

check with Hannigan on the Harley RT. I know when they where converting my Goldwing just after Daytona Bike Weeks last spring they had a demo model in the shop they where working on. I am not affiliated with Hannigan, just a happy customer.

as for changing oil on a Goldwing HRT it is no more difficult than on a 2 wheeler. In my case I still use the same Craftsman side style lift for raising the trike up for oil changes and removing wheels..

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to check with Hannigan. While they where converting my Goldwing back in March, they had a Harley HRT in the shop they had used for demo rides in Daytona. I do not know if they moved forward on that concept thou.

as for changing oil on a Goldwing HRT it is no more difficult than on a 2 wheeler. In my case I still use the same Craftsman side style lift for raising the trike up for oil changes and removing wheels..

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to check with Hannigan. While they where converting my Goldwing back in March, they had a Harley HRT in the shop they had used for demo rides in Daytona. I do not know if they moved forward on that concept thou.

I have been told that Hannigan has updated their steering system for 2017 and are updating their demo bike for Daytona bike week - I plan on riding their Roadster then but any and all input on this R/T conversion would be helpful. thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colorado1975

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colorado1975
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png