Headlight modulator. Yes or no.

Without re-writing many of the same thoughts, I agree with consitter, have one on my 1500, and wouldn't be without it...

I think it's unfortunate that the daymaker headlights can't be used with a modulator. But, the trade off is they are just so much brighter than even the halogen lights.

What also helps but I see very few people doing it is to use your high beams during the day light hours. Especially non-goldwings. You can hardly see the bike riding behind you no less the other drivers.

I also have the BikeMP3 960 lower cowl lights, VERY BRIGHT... and pricey but considering what we pay for bling there worth every penny.

What also helps but I see very few people doing it is to use your high beams during the day light hours. Especially non-goldwings. You can hardly see the bike riding behind you no less the other drivers.

I also have the BikeMP3 960 lower cowl lights, VERY BRIGHT... and pricey but considering what we pay for bling there worth every penny.

Yup. I use my brights during the day. I've looked at them from a distance, and they shine right up into drivers eyes. Doesn't blind of course, but they can be seen.

Of course to cagers, you can wear a clown suit, and have the bike painted like a circus wagon, and they will still not see you.

It's freaking amazing, isn't it?

I have used them on other bikes that I have, i just have not gotten them installed yet them on my trike or my VTX. Yes, they can annoy drivers - but if it stops one person from pulling out in front of you, then they are worth every penny. I've had local cops pull me over for using them, til I whip out the papers showing the police officer it is totally legal. Hooked up correctly on high beams, they can work like a charm. Riding in a group, (Im usually the tailgunner) Im riding with low beams, so they didnt modualte

Bottom line - if you want to ride with them more power to you, if you dont like them, more power to you

To me, it is a safety issue If it stops someone from plowing into me, then they are worth bit of annoyance

Can you see me now

Who uses one and who does not. I am deciding whether or not to install one.
Is your life worth $100? These lights work! You can see them from over half a mile in a straight line. I have been stopped by several people to inquire what it is because they were able to easily see me. I use this with the loudest air horn I can buy, to make sure I am seen!!

All the best and safe riding!
Michael & MaryBeth

Harley Tri-Glide here...I have the HD modulator installed. has manual on/off switch and light sensor. turns off automatically at the slightest hint of darkness. no I don't use when riding w/others and yes it get the attention at intersections and of on coming vehicles. it does what it's intended for and does it well.

high beam riding...actually it is a good idea to always ride w/your high beams on if for no other reason you have no choice but to have a head light on...consider this, if you are on a trip or a long day ride and constantly using low beam and it should burn out, then you have no alternative but to ride w/your high beam on after dark...now that is gonna pizz off a lot of on coming traffic, the rider/s, or cars in front of you.

be safe, ride, and enjoy the fall colors.

Just today 2 more cagers at a stop light said to me do you know your headlights blinking??
Whether one likes them or not. ( Other drivers.)
I personally dont care. Im being seen and thats what counts.
Modulatators help you be seen.
Thats all that matters to me.:)

I have had them on my last 5 bikes and trikes, LOVE them, yes they annoy other drivers BUT They see you. Unfortunately you can't put them on HID's which is on my current Trike.

Headlight modulator

On my first trike--'95-2000--I used it for the Fulton County SO Reserve--had red/ blue lights & siren. IF I operated the modulator--cars would automatically PULL OVER--even if the red/ blues WEREN'T ON.

Just got back into riding a motor after 15 year absence and was 'debating' modulator--NO !!

(But--I DO have amber/ amber flashers ft & rear for when stop at accident scenes)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png