Ape Hanger Bars vs The 2x2 Werk Sweeper bars

Jun 26, 2015
Stafford, Va
I'm still on the fence on getting the sweeper bars. I'm leaning that way, but I wanted to know if any others have used the Ape Hanger bars. If so, could you put some pics up to see what they look like.

I would appreciate it.

Don

Thanks! How did you like them. I'm 5'8" so I'm trying to get some bars where I'm not over extending. I think the 2x2's will work, but want to check all my options :)

:Dorag:

I'm 6'1" and they are about right.If they were a little narrower and 2" about higher they would be about perfect .

I'm still on the fence on getting the sweeper bars. I'm leaning that way, but I wanted to know if any others have used the Ape Hanger bars. If so, could you put some pics up to see what they look like.

I would appreciate it.

Don

Having the handlebar grips in the "right" location can make the difference between comfortable all day riding and shoulder, neck, arm or wrist pain/fatigue.

[/LEFT]​
This is the way that has always worked for me to get the most comfortable handlebar position-

• Sit on your bike (how you do when you normally ride)
  • Put your feet on the pegs/floorboards
  • Close your eyes
  • Put your hands out to where it is most comfortable to hold them
  • Open your eyes...where ever your hands are, that is where you want the handlebar grips to be.

I have never been able to find any bars that put my grips where I needed for the most comfort...so we made some, both for my 2011 and 2014.

Here are a few pics-

Before they were powder coated and installed-

ExtHandlebars_zpsd38bd9b6.jpg

A few pics after installed-

Handlebars_zpsd321359a.jpg

WinterWinshiled_zps79f14b4f.jpg

PassBKRST8_zps0812a646.jpg

Kevin

Apes all the way!

I'm still on the fence on getting the sweeper bars. I'm leaning that way, but I wanted to know if any others have used the Ape Hanger bars.

I tried the HD Reduced Reach bars and did not like them. I had 14" Apes on my previous Road King and loved 'em so I thought what the heck they should work on my trike.

Put on black 14" Apes and pulled them a tish backward (toward me - I'm only 5'8"). Fantastic! And I really like the look. The only thing I would do different next time is go with fat bars (1.25") the 1" kinda look too skinny for the Tri.

Makes turning so much easier and they are just great for highway cruising.

Not everyone likes apes but they work great for me!ThumbUp

I'm still on the fence on getting the sweeper bars. I'm leaning that way, but I wanted to know if any others have used the Ape Hanger bars. I tried the HD Reduced Reach bars and did not like them. I had 14" Apes on my previous Road King and loved 'em so I thought what the heck they should work on my trike. Put on black 14" Apes and pulled them a tish backward (toward me - I'm only 5'8"). Fantastic! And I really like the look. The only thing I would do different next time is go with fat bars (1.25") the 1" kinda look too skinny for the Tri. Makes turning so much easier and they are just great for highway cruising. Not everyone likes apes but they work great for me!ThumbUp

got any pictures!

would love to see how they look from the side. If possible what is the P/N on those apes. :Dorag:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png