2015 FreeWheeler rear fender bra

Aug 14, 2015
Lake Wales
How is everyone/ been sick, getting better, I'm Dave, used to have bar in Key West of any of you guys remember.

Any way, I'm thinking about putting bra's on the rear fenders of my FreeWheeler with that $99.00 kit from Harley. The trike is black, I think it will look pretty good and keep the little rock chips and heel scuff marks from hitting the fenders. The installation is simple, I located the Loctite 222 ms threadlocker and sealant, (PURPLE) that's the hard one to find, the end of the bra just screws into one of the tail light housing bolt. The problem I'm having if anyone knows what brand of tape I need I would appreciate it.

It says to us 2 little pieces of Anti- Abrasion tape 1.0 x 2.0 inch (25. 4x50.8 mm. These pieces are suppose to stick on the rear fenders slightly so the two clips that you put on each fender will not chip the paint. I hope this makes sense, but what kind of tape and brand and size do I use. I'm really lost with this tape issue. The direction are on the web under instructions for rear fender bra Dow FreeWheeler.

If anyone knows about this I would really like to know.

Thanks
Dave

Freewheeler bra?

How is everyone/ be sick, getting better, I'm Dave, used to have bar in Key West of any of you guys remember.
Any way, I'm thinking
about putting bra's on the rear fenders of my FreeWheeler with that $99.00 kit from Harley. The trike is black, I think it will look pretty good and keep the little rock chips and heel scuff marks from hitting the fenders. The installation is simple, I located the Loctite 222 ms threadlocker and sealant, (PURPLE) that's the hard one to find, the end of the bra just screws into one of the tail light housing bolt. The problem I'm having if anyone knows what brand of tape I need I would appreciate it. It says to us 2 little pieces of Anti- Abrasion tape
1.0 x 2.0 inch (25. 4x50.8 mm. These pieces are suppose to stick on the rear fenders slightly so the two clips that you put on each fender will not chip the paint. I hope this makes sense, but what kind of tape and brand and size do I use. I'm really lost with this tape issue. The direction are on the web under instructions for rear fender bra Dow FreeWheeler.

Thanks
Dave

I have been looking on HD site, but have only found the bra for the other trike not a Freewheeler...let me know the p/n please, if you would be so kind...

FreeWheeler Rear Fender Bra

57892-11

- - - Updated - - -

Think your right Fuzzy The Blue Tape/ can you imagine Harley would not give me a 4 inch piece of tape after I threw about 28k their way. I think they wanted to put the bra on / it's only a half hour job

- - - Updated - - -

Think your right Fuzzy The Blue Tape/ can you imagine Harley would not give me a 4 inch piece of tape after I threw about 28k their way. I think they wanted to put the bra on / it's only a half hour job

I have the 3M clear paint protector film on my fenders and other parts. Paid $52 for a roll 2' x 8' and made my own pieces. Nobody even knows anything is on the fenders until I show them. Stops 95% of road debris.

I'm not spending $35K on a bike with a beautiful paint job and then cover it all up with a black leather(?) bra. :AGGHH:

I've seen firsthand the damage bras do to Corvettes. Not pretty. Must be a reason most Vette owners don't use one.

Good luck with yours.

How is everyone/ be sick, getting better, I'm Dave, used to have bar in Key West of any of you guys remember.
Any way, I'm thinking
about putting bra's on the rear fenders of my FreeWheeler with that $99.00 kit from Harley. The trike is black, I think it will look pretty good and keep the little rock chips and heel scuff marks from hitting the fenders. The installation is simple, I located the Loctite 222 ms threadlocker and sealant, (PURPLE) that's the hard one to find, the end of the bra just screws into one of the tail light housing bolt. The problem I'm having if anyone knows what brand of tape I need I would appreciate it. It says to us 2 little pieces of Anti- Abrasion tape
1.0 x 2.0 inch (25. 4x50.8 mm. These pieces are suppose to stick on the rear fenders slightly so the two clips that you put on each fender will not chip the paint. I hope this makes sense, but what kind of tape and brand and size do I use. I'm really lost with this tape issue. The direction are on the web under instructions for rear fender bra Dow FreeWheeler.

Thanks
Dave

I believe you are looking for the 3M film mentioned in a post below.

It is what is used to protect the paint. You can buy a roll or pieces on ebay. I use it everywhere things tend to rub. Like on the tank where the seat rests and on top of the side covers etc... I use it on all my bikes.

Alternative:
Many are having LineX sprayed on the forward surfaces(not just the fenders)of our trikes.
Have seen several w/a contrasting color used and applied to look like flames as it flows over the fender tops.

Get hold of the folks at SeeThroughBraz. They can fix you up with some great products. I've been protecting my ride for two years now and have NO complaints. Their product is touch and VERY easy to apply.

http://www.seethroughbraz.com/

They are a sponsor of this forum.

8~\o

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png