Initial Observations on new MT-IRS

Apr 20, 2010
Peeltown, TX
Ok.......I have had some distinct observations on my new trike......Motor Trike/Independent Rear Suspension on an 09 Wing and my first Trike.......after about 200 miles. My first tank of gas was a 32.5 MPG with a combination of interstate/rural/stop and go driving. I have dropped the tire pressure in the Goodrich TA's to 21 lbs to experiment on the ride quality...I felt the ride was a little rough. I am running 24 lbs of pressure in the air bags. Today is an extremely windy day in North Texas (30 to 35 mph) and I have found the Trike does not like windy days. Tracking seems to be more of an effort than on 2 wheels but not unpleasant, just more work. I have also noticed that I feel the road more and I am very aware of where in am within my lane. I know I am not relaxed yet and, given time, I will learn to compensate for the day to day uniqueness of a trike. I love the looks and, I think more than anything, I am relearning to ride in a much different way. Just wanted to share my initial observations. I appreciate any comments or suggestions :)

We spent our first winter out of michigan in the RIO GRANDE VALLEY in southern texas this year.
We bought our first trike last summer i couldn't fathom being somewhere during the winter we could'nt ride.
I had never riden a two wheeler enough to say i had so the trike was all in all the first "machine" for me.
One of the things i became aware of soon in southern Teaxas this winter was the strong winds. Winds were often strong enough many of the 2 wheel riders would not ride on those days.
With the trike i rode--wind or not.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png