Nail polish driver convicted FINALLY!

Cheri please let us know what the sentence is if you find out. I got a feeling that the sentence is not going to fit the crime.

Interesting...I thought they'd already dropped this. Good news to find out they followed through with a trial.

janetb

This one won't go away quitely because there are so many motorcycle people following and attending every court hearing, which has generated massive press coverage. Maximum jail time is 5 years, but not being sentenced until sometime in June. They (defendent) are hoping press will fade away by delay in scheduling.. PS JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN...Riders of all types of cycles are on top of this one. There will be a big showing when it comes up in June.. ... Charlie D.

Being distracted is one thing, but doing something on purpose that takes your attention (for no matter how short a time) away from the road is serious ... DEADLY SERIOUS ... I don't smoke, do my nails or eat while driving or riding ... Nothing that takes my eyes from the road or would get in my line of sight ... Actually riding is a good thing because our hands are further apart ... Hard to reach your left with your right being 2 feet (or more) away ... Maybe they should put handlebars on cars instead of steering wheels ... :yes:

Some of the ideas the defense attorney put forth were ludacris - like only charging because she was a woman.

Anyone who causes a crash due to the CHOICE to be distracted should be charged with a crime.

Some of the ideas the defense attorney put forth were ludacris - like only charging because she was a woman.

Glad someone else said it! I admit I sat here scratching my head over that one. I mean, she deliberately did something that resulted in the end of someone's life - what's her gender got to do with that??

Frankly, her statement that she knew she could do it quickly and "keep both hands on the wheel" is ridiculous. Just opening the bottle takes one hand off the wheel and the other only partially in control of it!! And saying she could watch the road while doing it? Bull!! I'm a woman - I've painted my nails (kitchen table usually) - you need to have your eyes on your nails unless you want the polish all over the place, which isn't particularly attractive, thereby defeating the purpose.

What I find really sad about the trial though, is that it actually took the jury over 3 hours to come up with a guilty verdict - I can't believe it was even a question!!! :mad: I'll be sad for her family, but I honestly hope she gets the maximum. At least her family can visit her in jail - Anita's family has to go to the cemetery and visit a stone. :(

Pissy weak laws we have'm here too sadly, can I fly over and remove her fingernails with my Blow torch, she should be banned for life for driving at least and jailed for Ten years minimum no parole. this person or type of person really makes me sick.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffSFreewheeler

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffSFreewheeler
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png