frankenstien kits what do you think about them

frankenstein

I had a 2006 softail that I was going to put a Frankenstein kit on but I got talked out of it because there was les luggage capacity. I bought the new freewheeler instead. Although the freewheeler is nice, it does get a lot hotter than the carbed softail. If I could do it again I would find an evo softail with carb as I think they have the best frame for this conversion , put a S&S 124 or 111 engine in it. I have talked to many people with Frankenstein kits some with over 100,000 miles on them with no problems

I converted my wife 06 Softail with a Frankenstein Kit. I believe its the best kit out there for the Money. My wife loves the look and the handling. There kit is top notch along with the customer Service. I would use there kit again on another bike. Yes storage is limited but you can work around it.

Attachments

• IM000836.JPG
    IM000836.JPG
    666 KB · Views: 101
  • IM000835.JPG
    IM000835.JPG
    671.3 KB · Views: 95
Totally satisfied,converted 1200 Sportster 7k miles ago with no problems. Great customer service and you get cool t-shirts. I adapted an 80's era Yamaha tour pak trunk on a luggage rack. Large gym bags fit nicely on the fender supports. I also have small horse saddle pommel bags to hold small items,bungees, first aid, etc. Cornering is great [imo]. Probably not as smooth a ride as an I.R.S. on rough roads,but fine to me on highway.

frankey trikes

Yes the tri glide frame was reinforced but the softail frame in my opinion is a better frame for a trike

front%20view%20001%20001_zps2jurppsa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] first attempt to put a picture in here... Frankenstein 1200 Sportster

Those that have them seem to like them just fine, but personally, I like a trike with a body and not just 1 more wheel. Something about having 3 rear fenders just doesn't look right to me.

Those that have them seem to like them just fine, but personally, I like a trike with a body and not just 1 more wheel. Something about having 3 rear fenders just doesn't look right to me.
+1 here. Of course, I understand it's just all personal taste.

Our decision was also about cost. 8,000 (kit and Painting and striping of rear fenders) Or spending 25,000 plus for a Freewheeler.

Same here about the cost.Painted myself,top of trunk color matched to oem bike color. Also wanted to keep the weight down. After all it is only a Sportster, ya know a girls bike.

checking oil on 2002 fxdwg / twin cam 88 with frankenstein kit

Real pain to find someone to just give me this info without going into other stuff.
Where should oil show on dipstick cold?
Where should oil show on dipstick hot/warm ?
FYI dipstick has full hot and add qt.

thank you

retread83

Was hoping to find someone with 88 / wide glide and trike. You have sporty. Hard to get angle parking on hill to emulate jiffy stand. I do not have baseline to go off of.
thanx

I had a 2006 softail that I was going to put a Frankenstein kit on but I got talked out of it because there was les luggage capacity. I bought the new freewheeler instead. Although the freewheeler is nice, it does get a lot hotter than the carbed softail. If I could do it again I would find an evo softail with carb as I think they have the best frame for this conversion , put a S&S 124 or 111 engine in it. I have talked to many people with Frankenstein kits some with over 100,000 miles on them with no problems

I can highly recommend the S&S 111. I have one in my 1997 Electraglide DFT conversion and love it. It pulls from 2000 - 6500 rpm. It's a fantastic touring motor with a broad torque curve. Easily pulls my Aluma trailer.

After installing the motor, my wife and I took if for a spin from NorCal down to SoCal. As the song says, "Everything went fine up the Grapevine hill - We was passing cars like they was standin' still." :D

The lightly modified stock 80-inch motor really struggled and eventually ate the rod bearings.

If you want more top end, which I don't need, you could install an S&S G carb instead of the E carb it comes with. The .585 cams are great.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png