P & A Fuse keep blowing

2014 Tri-glide. Driving lights won't come on. Headlight high beams off. Checked P & A fuse...blown. Installed new fuse....blows again. Can anyone help me?

Is it still under warrantee? If so let the dealer deal with it. More than likely you have a wire shorted to the bike somewhere. If you have to deal with it then I would start at the lights and start disconnecting until I could replace the fuse without it blowing. When that happens the last thing or wire you removed or disconnected was the problem area.

Thanks

I'm out here on the Blue Ridge Parkway with only the tools that came with the bike. It appears the only things that don't work are the driving lights and the security system. Really don't have the resources to start tearing it apart. I was hoping maybe someone else had a similiar problem and would be able to steer me in the right direction. I appreciate your suggestion though.

I'm out here on the Blue Ridge Parkway with only the tools that came with the bike. It appears the only things that don't work are the driving lights and the security system. Really don't have the resources to start tearing it apart. I was hoping maybe someone else had a similiar problem and would be able to steer me in the right direction. I appreciate your suggestion though.

Had the same thing happen on my 2012 and it was a wire the seat had chaffed under the seat. The bad spot was on the bottom of the wire were it run along the frame. In my case it was the power feed wiring going to the power port I had the dealer install in the Tour Pak and the person who did the install did not tuck the wiring along side the frame and the seat edge was resting on it. Good Luck.

Had the same thing happen on my 2012 and it was a wire the seat had chaffed under the seat. The bad spot was on the bottom of the wire were it run along the frame. In my case it was the power feed wiring going to the power port I had the dealer install in the Tour Pak and the person who did the install did not tuck the wiring along side the frame and the seat edge was resting on it. Good Luck.

Thanks....that gives me a good place to start. I just replaced the battery 2 days ago and maybe I'v got a wire out of place. I had to cut 2 cable ties to get the black box off the top of the battery in order to replace it and there were several wires running down the length of the frame. I'll check that out.

Thanks....that gives me a good place to start. I just replaced the battery 2 days ago and maybe I'v got a wire out of place. I had to cut 2 cable ties to get the black box off the top of the battery in order to replace it and there were several wires running down the length of the frame. I'll check that out

Ah, There you go... Mechanics 101- Go back to the last thing you did....ThumbUp

Ah, There you go... Mechanics 101- Go back to the last thing you did....ThumbUp

Well....didn't find anything there. Even tried another fuse with the driving lights off. I checked the P & A 20 amp fuse holder with the P & A relay in place and had power so I guess the relay is good. I'm still open to suggestions. OH...and I don't have dash lights either. Found that out going thru a tunnel.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb2024Free
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png