Air Intake Plenum Break

1 x stainless steel joiner, 3.0" model JOI000114 7.99

1 x 3.0" Silicone 90 degree elbow, red model SIL000444 16.99

1 x Silicone Reducer 3.0" to 2.75" red model SIL000549 11.99

ThumbUp

456D9103-48AE-4517-9C9F-2558C9DFA8B6.jpgE9445685-A18E-4A6C-9875-9A2B2624C0A5.jpg It’s been a while since I did the repairs. Don’t remember if I had to purchase new clamps or used existing clamps. The adapter for both ends of hose is supplied. The second adapter is not seen. It’s in package but it’s in the end of the hose. I hah no issues with it. Ran bout 50,000 miles with it and was still good when I sold Stallion last fall. :wave4:

View attachment 99280View attachment 99281 It’s been a while since I did the repairs. Don’t remember if I had to purchase new clamps or used existing clamps. The adapter for both ends of hose is supplied. The second adapter is not seen. It’s in package but it’s in the end of the hose. I hah no issues with it. Ran bout 50,000 miles with it and was still good when I sold Stallion last fall. :wave4:

Thank You. I appreciate the info. Rick

Well here is a good one. MJ was riding her Stallion last night. We went to dinner came out and rode about 4 miles and stopped at a Publix for some milk. Came out started the Stallion and when we started to give it some gas it died just like it ran out of gas. we know it had at least 3 to 4 gallons so that was not the problem.

It would start and idle even in gear but push on the pedal and it would die. We idled down the street for 3 miles in traffic to the motel. I figured fuel filter or maybe fuel pump. Got up made arrangements at a garage to look at it and called AAA to have it towed.

While I was waiting I opened the hood to make sure I remembered where the data port was and noticed that the air intake plenum looked strange. Looked at it closer and it was completely broke in half where the air filter and plastic sectioned that the MAP sensor are mounted and attaches to the section of the plenum that goes to the throttle body.

It appears that the plastic failed from getting brittle over the 7 years of heat and vibration. I had some repair tape wrapped it nicely to put the whole thing back together sealed. That fixed the problem.

With the MAP sensor not being able to read moving air (the sensor was down line from the break) the ECM would not let the Fuel Injection work. No air No gas. Something to be aware of as our Stallions are aging. I will be looking into seeing if I can replace the plenum. Works great for now.

You posted a long time ago. Although you didn't replace fuel filter or pump then. I'm wondering if you know where each part is located and If you may know the PN. I am definitely going to have to replace the fuel filter (fuel pump will be a last resort) Looking for location and PN information before I start getting my hands dirty or help me decide I don't want to and let someone else at a shop do it for me. :D

The fuel filter is on the left side underneath. Put the trike on a ramp look underneath, easy to see. It is a Ford Ranger part and you need a special tool to release the fuel line, obtainable at any parts place.

The fuel filter is on the left side underneath. Put the trike on a ramp look underneath, easy to see. It is a Ford Ranger part and you need a special tool to release the fuel line, obtainable at any parts place.

71+VOvtOHQL._AC_UL320_.jpg
5/16- 3/8 tool available about $7.00 @ most automotive stores

the fuel pump is in the gas tank sorry i dont know the pn but i would not be surprised if it was not a ford part.

IMO you can't do better than OEM pumps, I have bad results with many aftermarket pumps including Napa among others

OEM pumps may cost more but get my vote

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png