When using rear tire on front backward explained

Well that puts a new SPIN ( no pun intended ) on the front tire rev rotation.

Thanks for the explanation. i have been running Michelin Piolet Active reverse for over three years. I have always got over 25,000 miles on both of them!

I'm running a Michelin Pilot Activ on the front of my Gold Wing 1800 Trike right now (...after shredding the Stock Dunlop in 5000 miles), but running it straight up. I'm supposed to be getting an E-mail from a Michelin Tire Engineer one day (...not yet though). Only Person I've talked to so far from Michelin since putting it on, is the Regional Company Rep at the Honda Shop last Wednesday. He's not an Engineer, but stated that the rain sipe grooves are made to squeeze the water out from under the Tire and clean it away, and they too, are directional (My main reason for straight-up mounting). He is supposed to try to speed up a Company Engineer for a response for me. If I ever get one, I will pass it on.

In the meantime, I have been testing the Tire under various conditions/road types/ and speeds. Having only had it on 2 weeks, and 1400 miles, I'm waiting a "tick" longer to do a write up...this much I will say...The Trike responds much better/quicker corner turn-in/ better "studder-bump" control....Great Tire...Write-up comin' soon......:wtg:

The owner of Motortrike conducted a seminar during Wing Ding about the new IRS trikes.

Someone in the audience asked about front tires - mostly why do installers leave the stock tire on a trike. That answer was - not up to the installer to change out someone's perfectly good tire.

On the reverse rotation question - he said it does not matter one way or the other.

The owner of Motortrike conducted a seminar during Wing Ding about the new IRS trikes.

Someone in the audience asked about front tires - mostly why do installers leave the stock tire on a trike. That answer was - not up to the installer to change out someone's perfectly good tire.

On the reverse rotation question - he said it does not matter one way or the other.

Great to hear.....;)

It is flatter . This is a 2 fold question actually 1) we want to get rid of the Radial on the front too much side wall flex. 2) the rear tire has a flat surface more tire patch we don't need the rounded area , because the tire never lays down or rolls . As stated the fist thing you will notice is how easy it turns , the next thing is no bump and hop in corners . so may refuse to do this Why i don't know but once they do it they really understand . and on the + side it will wear 75% better . 20,000 miles is an easy est . stock tire is maybe 7,000. It is your money .

Thanks. I have the stock (??) Dunlop on front, just shy of 9k. Wearing evenly, no cupping. But that's unusual for the Dunlop Honda supplies, or so I'm told. Perhaps the prev owner already replaced it.

When I first read to install back on front, reversed, I couldn't help but wonder about the tread design. Makes you think it would attempt to draw water in, or hydroplane.

I assume many will stick with it reversed, and some will take into account what MT said (mentioned above) guess you really have to try it both ways.

Mine is REV but I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference . I am pleasd with it that way it is wearing great , feels great, No hoping in corners anymore , no cupping . I would put it on again that way . i have gone through some PONDS on the highway at 6o MPH and had the back end float but not the front . the rears are more prone to float i would think no weight and 8" wide .

I have the MPA rear tire mounted in reverse on the front of my Champion.
Stock tire lasted 3,000 and showing a lot of wear.
Bought a chrome front wheel and MPA from my dealer. Now have over 20,000 miles on it and it's like brand new.

Let me see 100 people tell you to do it and people still don't want to. This is what you do there is no question about it. EVEN if it sounds wrong to you 100 people can't be wrong. Or you can continue to wear out your front tire that works on a 2 wheeler , that you no longer have, and spend $165 a year ( 5,000 miles) for a new one. Do we still have questions ?????

Let me see 100 people tell you to do it and people still don't want to. This is what you do there is no question about it. EVEN if it sounds wrong to you 100 people can't be wrong. Or you can continue to wear out your front tire that works on a 2 wheeler , that you no longer have, and spend $165 a year ( 5,000 miles) for a new one. Do we still have questions ?????

You talking to me?

That is for the 20 people that will be going to the archives over the next 2 years asking the same question over again. When the person in PA told me about the rear Bike tire mounted on the front worked I went the next day and ripped my front tire off and had it replaced I NEVER LQQKED BACK one of the best choices I ever made . Like having a min Rake

"EVEN if it sounds wrong to you 100 people can't be wrong"????:confused::blahblah:

Sorry John, but if that's supposed to make me feel guilty for not running my front tire backwards, it ain't gonna work.

I find it a bit condescending that you feel you and your 99 friends are right and the rest of the trike world is totally wrong and wasting money using the proper tires mounted in the proper manner and that we are stupid for not acknowledging your brilliance and following your instructions.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png