Rmoving csc ground effects

May 14, 2015
Sunrise, Florida
Removing CSC Ground Effects

I have a 2012 with a 2015 CSC viper conversion. Has anyone temporarily removed the ground effects on it. Is it something that is readily done or way involved?
I need to bring my bike into a Honda dealer for a possible engine work/removal due to a bad engine noise and contemplating removing the ground effect before I even bring it to them. Partially to make it easier for them and also not to have them mess it up.

I have a 2012 with a 2015 CSC viper conversion. Has anyone temporarily removed the ground effects on it. Is it something that is readily done or way involved?
I need to bring my bike into a Honda dealer for a possible engine work/removal due to a bad engine noise and contemplating removing the ground effect before I even bring it to them. Partially to make it easier for them and also not to have them mess it up.
They are fairly easy to remove three bolt were they meet the rear fender they should be 7/16 wrench, & 2 or 3 bolts up front & unplug the wires .

Just a follow-up. I was able to remove the ground effects in about 45 minutes. Noticed that the installation manual states to drill 3 holes in each side to attach to the fender. My installer only drill 2 and to one side. So I guess when I reinstall it I will drill the others. Also they drilled the hole in the ground effects so small that I ended up having to cut off the connectors to the lighting so I could get the wires pulled through. Now I need install new connectors. I think I am going to go under and recheck ALL the mounting bolts and any other bolts that are part of the conversion to be sure all is OK. It kills me that something so simple some people can still screw up.

Noticed that the installation manual states to drill 3 holes in each side to attach to the fender. My installer only drill 2 and to one side.
Did you ask your installer why they didn't follow the "installation manual" ? Did the installer cut the price they charged you for not doing the job right?

Did you ask your installer why they didn't follow the "installation manual" ? Did the installer cut the price they charged you for not doing the job right?

I wish. The kicker is that they came highly recommended too. Trouble is is that he is 4 hours away. The next closest was about 3 hours but did not have a good recommendation.
besides this;
1. I had an electrical issue that my local Honda dealer had to troubleshoot and correct (which he did reimburse me for)
2. Fuel vent for the aux fuel tank was not installed correctly and caused fuel to vent and spill out on my trip to the wing ding (2,000 mile round trip) At my request, CSC sent me the bushing (free of charge) to install since its a 4 hour trip to the installer. CSC is great to work with and they stand behind their product.
3. Left handlebar came loose while riding from the risers they installed without using lock-tite.
4. The relay box under the seat was not reattached with the supplied brackets (and described in the installation manual) and was just laying on the Aux tank. CSC also sent me the brackets (free of charge)
Before I re-install the Ground effects I am going over every nut and bolt to make sure all is tight.

Just as a "public service announcement"...would you want to share the name and location of this dealer?

Only on a private message & for someone that is looking for a conversion shop in Florida. He was very understanding and made good on anything I asked for including repayment of the charges from the Honda dealer. I wrote him a friendly email explaining my issues and my opinion of why he is having these problems. In short, I believe he is putting too much trust in his mechanic/s and needs to oversee each step of the process more carefully. I've been a supervisor for a few years now and know that sometimes you can get too comfortable with an employee and in turn let them go on their own too much without overseeing their work. I still believe he runs a honest family business and would like to give him a chance to overcome this issue. Hopefully he took my advise and got his act together. If he didn't I'm sure the word will get out and he will suffer for it.

Only on a private message & for someone that is looking for a conversion shop in Florida. He was very understanding and made good on anything I asked for including repayment of the charges from the Honda dealer. I wrote him a friendly email explaining my issues and my opinion of why he is having these problems. In short, I believe he is putting too much trust in his mechanic/s and needs to oversee each step of the process more carefully. I've been a supervisor for a few years now and know that sometimes you can get too comfortable with an employee and in turn let them go on their own too much without overseeing their work. I still believe he runs a honest family business and would like to give him a chance to overcome this issue. Hopefully he took my advise and got his act together. If he didn't I'm sure the word will get out and he will suffer for it.

Good honest response. thank you

I was so unhappy with my installer that I wrote him a 3 page letter and sent all the related pics to show what made me unhappy:mad:. The shop is in Georgia and I live in Utah so there was no chance for warranty work. I also sent a copy of the letter to The Trike Shop so they could see what kind of workmanship was being put into a product with their name on it. When I look in the Roadsmith site now the dealer that did my conversion is not listed as a Roadsmith dealer anymore:). So don't be bashful there are those of us on this forum that really do read and take the advice of others on the forum.:Angel:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png