loading ramps

G

gerald martin

anyone know where to buy aluminum loading ramps for a tri glide or freewheeler

There must be someone who trailers their trike. I live in Canada and want to trailer my trike to Arizona for a few months. I have already tried two sets of ramps that were rated for 2000 lbs. but they bent halve way up as I tried to load.My trailer is 18 inches high, There is a very poor selection of ramps where I live so I need help. I am willing to pay shipping so it does not matter where they come from

There must be someone who trailers their trike. I live in Canada and want to trailer my trike to Arizona for a few months. I have already tried two sets of ramps that were rated for 2000 lbs. but they bent halve way up as I tried to load.My trailer is 18 inches high, There is a very poor selection of ramps where I live so I need help. I am willing to pay shipping so it does not matter where they come from

Howdy Gerald. Sorry to hear you are having the problem. I'm a bit surprised your trike is bending 2000 pound ramps. I have never used ramps because my trailer has a drop down rear door but I'd say if you put a support under the ramps you have about half way up that would keep them from bending. I simple "T" shape made from 2 X 6 lumber should be plenty strong.

The rear door on my trailer is nothing more than 6 x 5 x 3/4 plywood. However, at 18" high you would not make the transition from ramp to level. You trike will drag at the hump. Especially if you still have the abortion of a parking brake hanging below it.

12243513_1660418400890905_7214217771517068406_n.jpg

Thanks for the input. This site is amazing. It turns out that a person that lives in the same complex as I live in saw this add and has offered to build a light weight set of ramps for me. He is a retired certified pressure welder so I am sure he know what he is doing

Ralph Trailer (3).jpgYeah...18" trailer Ht. is a problem. You'd probably save money selling your trailer and buying a 12-14' enclosed 7' wide trailer with drop axles. I picked one up in Wisconsin for under 4K new. Dual axles with brakes etc.

And they seem to be all over South Carolina and surrounding area's for great prices.

By the time you find a ramp strong enough, and then long enough to not drag going onto the ramp and then into the trailer, you'd have a ton of money into a rig that then has to carry 300 lbs. of ramps around with you.

Just my opinion - jc

ramps

I was at Lone Star this weekend and saw a demo on this. Looked very nice but you needed a long bed truck for it to work . You can put the one part straight out and put a support underneath to hold it up and use it as a platform to work on your bike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CedarRonin
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png