Anyone used the progressive suspension shocks and front end kit on a freewheeler?

Anyone used the progressive suspension shocks and front end kit on a freewheeler?

Just curious. Looking for ways to improve the handling on the hwy at high (80+) speeds. I'm not looking to be a rocket ship but id like to be able to go the speed limit. Some of the mountain turns here in MT. have the stock suspension begging for an upgrade. And the regular speed limit here in many areas of I90 is now 80 MPH. I am not familiar with what is available for the freewheeler for suspension upgrades but I want to find out.

I've been wondering myself just how much better the Progressive shocks are. Since I've never ridden a TriGlide or FLRT with them I have nothing to compare too. And they don't give them away.

I have Progressive shocks on my Triglide and they made a improvement over the stock. I couldn't tell you if they will help driving over 80+ because I want to live alittle longer to watch the Grandkids grow up.....................:Coffee:

Haven't done it yet, but it was suggested that I try the 440-4020B. This was before I put on the comfort lift. Been happy since then, but I don't do much 80 MPH driving.

Haven't done it yet, but it was suggested that I try the 440-4020B. This was before I put on the comfort lift. Been happy since then, but I don't do much 80 MPH driving.

I have the 416 air shock but if you don't want air, you can go with the 944 shock (springload) type..that's if you have a Harley. we all thank you for not riding in the mts. over 80.

Have you done any research on using a heavier wt. oil in the front forks. I run 30 wt in the front of my 2013 and am very satisfied the the way it handles.

I ll give that a shot.. done that on other bikes and its always worked well. Looks like Ill have to give progressive suspension a call and see what they have available for the freewheeler. thanks all...... I don't have kids or grandkids and the guys I ride with expect me to keep up. I don't feel safe if I can't at least go the speed limit safely.

Not sure I understand. Never gone that fast through twisties, most highways where you can go that fast are pretty flat and straight. Not sure how softer / harder shocks will make it better??? We were running between 70 and 80 on hwy 101 along the coast Sunday, flat and straight...

Just curious. Looking for ways to improve the handling on the hwy at high (80+) speeds. I'm not looking to be a rocket ship but id like to be able to go the speed limit. Some of the mountain turns here in MT. have the stock suspension begging for an upgrade. And the regular speed limit here in many areas of I90 is now 80 MPH. I am not familiar with what is available for the freewheeler for suspension upgrades but I want to find out.

Call me a wuss but I'm to scared of tipping my FLRT over to need better suspension. What are the limits? Can one drift/slide it like sports car or 2 wheeler?

Call me a wuss but I'm to scared of tipping my FLRT over to need better suspension. What are the limits? Can one drift/slide it like sports car or 2 wheeler?

I have been wondering that myself. Has anyone taken the FW to the limit where it slides or tries to get up on two wheels,,,,not that I would.

I too was somewhat nervous at first. Kind of wondering the same thing as you Vito. If you are unfamiliar with the FREE as I was, just practice, practice, and practice again. I've done quite a bit of testing when it comes to hitting curves "hot". I began slowly and increased speed each time. What I have discovered on dry asphalt is that if the speed is too high, the centrifugal force will launch you from the bike before the FREE tips or slides.

No, I have not been launched fortunately, but you can lose throttle control if your coming in "hot" and not careful.

My opinion is that the FREE is a cruiser to be enjoyed safely. And cornering should be at a safe, controlled speed. Leave the knee scraping to the sport bikes and people who like pain. If someone is tailgating you, let them pass. Or pull over and take a break. As your experience with the FREE continues to grow, you will just know the speed/gear you need to execute any corner without thinking. Become one with the FREE Grasshoppah! It will treat you nice.

Not sure I understand. Never gone that fast through twisties, most highways where you can go that fast are pretty flat and straight. Not sure how softer / harder shocks will make it better??? We were running between 70 and 80 on hwy 101 along the coast Sunday, flat and straight...

Put it this way . Any interstate / hwy from Spokane, WA westward is a cake walk for me compared to what happens when I hit some of these curvy interstate turns on I90. Montana just raised its speed limit to 80 MPH.
On some of the longer steeper curves on the interstate, some better shocks and front end springs if available would be most welcome. Having to slow down on the interstate abruptly in a sharp curve can be dangerous when someone is behind you and is up your butt . Even in the "slow" lane its easy to get run off the road here if your not very careful. I have never wished for more suspension anywhere but Idaho and Montana. Missoula eastward to about Butte is where I could really use better handling.

Upgraded suspension in the past on my bikes really made a difference so I was just wondering what was available for the trikes... appreciate all the input from everyone thank you.

I wont be riding till spring anyway. Bike is still in the shop for a new front end and I am in physical therapy for a bad left leg. Really mangled it when I was in the accident a month plus ago. Can hardly walk at the moment. This too shall pass eventually. I miss the desert hugely this time of year.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topaz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png