Floorboards on CSC trike

Scalp Hunter

TOI - Texas
Sep 12, 2009
Killeen, Tx

1. Has anyone on this forum ever added floorboards (drivers) on a CSC Trike?.
    I have been told it can't be done because of the ground effects. This doesn't seem reasonable to me, and I am trying to find out the truth. I am almost sure I have seen them on CSC trikes before, but I don't know if they were a specific brand of floorboards, or had been modified etc. I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

I appreciate the feedback. I should have stated before, I have a goldwing and looking at it, I can't for the life of me figure out why they shouldn't work.

I have the ground effects and the kuryakyn wings which are a smaller floorboard but much larger than the others, I have read that regular floorboards with heal toe shifter can be put on but you will have to remove or loosen the ground effects to get them on, there are just a few bolts holding them, fairly easy to remove if not by yourself a shop should be able to knock them out in an hour,,,sent you a link that might help

if you do the job post some info and pics,,,:)

Looked at the link you sent before I read this message. Now I understand. Disregard(is that a word)? Ignore the babble in the private message reply I sent. You answered my question. I have an appointment on 1 June to get a set of Kuryakyns instlled. as soon as I get them on I will post pictures.
Thanks again

John

Update:

Driver and passenger floorboards were installed yesterday. Dealer installed driver floorboards, and I installed passenger (Transformer) floorboards because dealer said they would not fit because of the parking brake (Wrong). The ground effects do not have to be removed for either installation, however the center brace for the ground effects had to be removed because it doesn't fit on the driver floorboards.
A new brace hanger must be fabricated, simple fix that I will take care of Wed. the ground effects are rock solid without it, but I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND STANDING ON IT UNTIL BRACE IS REPLACED. Passenger floorboards install was straight forward with the exception of cutting a 1/4 inch notch out of the mounting block for the handbrake. total time to install including cutting notch (with a dremmel) was about 45 minutes. final product looks great and looks like they belong there. will post pictures when I get a chance. Bottom line: Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done, because it can, and you can do it all yourself.

Scalp Hunter is correct and accurate. I installed them on my CSC trike and I never did replace the center brace. I have put 28000 miles on it since the addition of the floor boards and never had a problem. CSC does not want you to step on, or stand on the ground effects at any time. For this reason there is no reason for the center brace with the floor boards.<br />
Tom

1. Has anyone on this forum ever added floorboards (drivers) on a CSC Trike?.
    I have been told it can't be done because of the ground effects. This doesn't seem reasonable to me, and I am trying to find out the truth. I am almost sure I have seen them on CSC trikes before, but I don't know if they were a specific brand of floorboards, or had been modified etc. I would really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

1. Yep.............

We have a 2000SE with a CSC kit. It has what is called Aqua Boards on it. They are running boards that people can't step on. They have factory lights on them. For some unknown reason the dealer that installed them made it so the lights go on when I turn the radio on.

We have a 2000SE with a CSC kit. It has what is called Aqua Boards on it. They are running boards that people can't step on. They have factory lights on them. For some unknown reason the dealer that installed them made it so the lights go on when I turn the radio on.

The lights on my CSC floorboards come on based on which way the turn signal indicator is set. Turn right, right light comes on, etc..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png