Honda Fury

I heard a rumor some time ago that Honda was going to produce a trike, but don't know how true it is. I was told Honda wouldn't produce a trike after the problems with the little red off road ATV trikes they made years ago.

I think they are going to be forced into it sooner or later. It happend in 1980 when they saw people making money selling touring goodies for their 1978 Goldwing (Vetter was making a killing off their) motorcycle and they saw the light .

I think they are going to be forced into it sooner or later. It happend in 1980 when they saw people making money selling touring goodies for their 1978 Goldwing (Vetter was making a killing off their) motorcycle and they saw the light .

I agree, and street trikes are totaly different animals than the old three wheel dirt trikes. Biggist problem with those was no suspension, only low pressure balloon tires combined with solid axles. Axle wanted to push the trike straight when turning and tires allowed for easy rollovers. To turn those things you had to lean to the outside of the turn and get the weight off the inside tire, or try to power slide. A live axle would have made it a lot better but still not well designed machines.

The issue was people putting their foot down and running it over with the rear tire. Kind of hard to do on a full size trike.

The issue was people putting their foot down and running it over with the rear tire. Kind of hard to do on a full size trike.

Mabe hard to do on your trike, but many full sized trikes will grab your feet if you put them down, take off and allow your feet to slide rearward.
Just a warning to newbies..........

Boogie on down to your local Honda dealer and check out the new expanded lines based upon the Fury. They've brought back the Sabre name plate on one of them and now go from "chopper" all the way to "bagger."

And yes, I've been checking them out for adaptation of our new shaft drive design here at The Trinity Trike. I look forward to doing one of these as an early example.

Bob Witte
The Trinity Trike

Honda Stateline conversion

I had my 2012 Honda VT1300 Stateline converted. The most difficult task, according to Norm, was attaching the drive shaft, a special part had to be fabricated. Most anything can be done for a price you have to decide if it is worth it.:(

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png