Drive Shaft U-Joint grease

I've done my first oil change on my new to me 2013 Lehman Monarch II LLS (purchased in May)
As recommended by board members, I want to grease the U-Joints, but when I look at them, I don't see any grease nipples?
Has Lehman done away with this feature? The U-Joints look much smaller than the ones pictured in the installation manual!
I tried calling Lehman, but it's hard to get through!
Thanks in advance.........Marcel

Marcel, I have a Champion that I have to grease every 3,000 miles. My instruction manual tells me it there are no grease fittings then it is permanently lubricated. This may be in your case but best to find out for sure.

I've done my first oil change on my new to me 2013 Lehman Monarch II LLS (purchased in May)
As recommended by board members, I want to grease the U-Joints, but when I look at them, I don't see any grease nipples?
Has Lehman done away with this feature? The U-Joints look much smaller than the ones pictured in the installation manual!
I tried calling Lehman, but it's hard to get through!
Thanks in advance.........Marcel

Remember they have moved everything to California....
2015 Lehman Trikes USA | 11841 Monarch Street | Garden Grove,Ca 92841-2110 | Call us Toll-Free 1-888-3WHEELS (3943357)

I blocked up the trike and was able to get up close......there are no grease fittings on the U-Joints........they must be permanently lubricated!
I hope they last!

- - - Updated - - -

The number I have for Lehman is 1-888-394-3357.
I just tried it again, it rings once then goes to a busy signal!.

Many thanks to Bazooka!!!!!

Bazooka, I spoke with Bill at Champion, and he confirmed that my driveshaft has permanently lubricated u-joints.
He also enlightened me about the issue I have with the poor brakes on my Lehman.
He highly recommended that I de-link my rear brakes. This is something that Champion (and other trike kit manufacturers) do as a rule.
I've contemplated doing this theorizing that the automotive calipers needed all the power that the small Honda master cylinder could provide.
He said that the online install manual for the Champion IRS would show me how to do it. He also said that their parts department could supply me with the few items needed to de-link.
I will definitely take this project on later this winter.
I will post on the site with my results!
Best regards..........Marcel

Please keep us all posted on how you made out replacing your brakes................

Where do you live, If your anywhere near me, I'd love to help you out.................Springfield, Massachusetts

Ronnie

8/3/22

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png