Clutch life with a Trike?

I am going to look at a Suzuki C50 powered Lehman trike conversion today and I'm excited about a possible purchase!

The unit has about 11,000 miles on it and as I wondered about it's condition and the maintenance done, I wondered about the potential impact of the added weight and stress of the trike chassis on clutch life?????

I'd appreciate any comments.

I know that this is an underpowered unit but the price seems good to me and it's use will be on the beautiful, secondary country roads in the Rural areas and country of SW Missouri where I live, sort of a "slow down and smell the roses" type vehicle.

I ride a 2012 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and a 2012 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive currently. 79 bikes and counting and 53 years of licensed street riding:)

Sam:pepper:

Sam as you know its all going to depend on the rider. Feather the clutch lightly when taking off and you wouldn't do any damage. Pop it and get hard to the gas to get er going and you will start it slipping. So it's all about how the guy rode it. At the right price it should be a fine ride. Good Luck.

Check in here for info on just about anything C50 or C90's.

http://www.volusiariders.com/

I belong to this group... we have some great get-togethers.

Usually have a couple - Marble Falls, AR. (The Hub) and Eureka Springs.

Feel free to join us.

Will do Mike! I may already be a member???

I had a 2002 Volusia all outfitted and it was a great bike.

I had a new 2010 C109R---OMG! and I loved that bike but it was ran over in a parking lot by a BIG RIG and crushed.

Thanks!

Sam:pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png