Question on Motor trike Exhaust

1.jpg
This is an image of the Motor trike attachment for the exhaust on the adventure kit. I am wonder if these sharp angle will effect the performance of the engine. I have always thought that having a smooth exit for the exhaust gases was a requirement for efficient engine performance. Although it seems that there wouldn't be enough space to have smooth bends, but by placing the actual silencer another 2.5 inches back it would be possible. Just wondering if it would be worth it?

I'm no expert but I have always heard that you wanted a smooth flow which would be smooth bends and not right angle bends. Right angles like those would cause quite a turbulence and back pressure.

If I was tying to wring all the power out, I might be concerned. The truth be told, you wouldn't feel any performance improvement gained by straightening the exhaust, it would have to be measured on a dyno.

Now your going to make me look at mine.
I don't have any issues that Im aware of but those bends wouldn't make me too happy.

Yes the exact reasoning I had. At the time I was greasing the prop shaft. Looking at the angles these are it just made me feel uncomfortable. Whether I will do anything to correct it I am not too sure but will make some enquiries about having a section made with a smoother flow line.

I will let you know if I do.
Incidentally had to remove the prop shaft to get at the front crease nipple! A bit of a pain that was.

As long as you are happy with the performance of your GL I wouldn't give it a second thought. If it ain't broke don't fix it or if it ain't broke fix it until it is.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Now your going to make me look at mine.
I don't have any issues that Im aware of but those bends wouldn't make me too happy.
Be careful, you might get down there and not be able to get back up.:D:D Take your life alert when you're getting down there to take a look.:laugh::laugh:

To extract the most power out of the exhaust pipes' they should first be of equal lengths.. That said on a trike that would be almost impossible to do! ..
So Forgetaboutit............:D

Yes the exact reasoning I had. At the time I was greasing the prop shaft. Looking at the angles these are it just made me feel uncomfortable. Whether I will do anything to correct it I am not too sure but will make some enquiries about having a section made with a smoother flow line.

I will let you know if I do.
Incidentally had to remove the prop shaft to get at the front crease nipple! A bit of a pain that was.

Mines straight as an arrow.
Actually when I had it at the dealer for a new drive shaft. They asked me If I had changed the exhaust??
They never saw one like mine.
Cats with chambered mufflers, chromed straight tips.??
Im not the original owner so who knows what Ive got.:xzqxz:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png