Himsl brothers trike help

Nov 15, 2015
elgin
I picked up my second trike project, couldn't say no for the price, and I'm hoping to get started on it soon so I'm working on tracking down parts.

What I've figured out so far is that it's a modified Himsl brothers praying mantis two seater. At this point I'm looking at going as close to the original build as possible and I managed to track down and buy the original rigid forks for the trike, man they're heavy duty. Unfortunately the guy couldn't find the bearings, axle, wheel, head bolt, etc etc that went with it, just the forks but for what I paid for it I really can't complain. I know it's a long shot but does anyone know what bearings and wheels were used on these?

No one jumpd in. I guess you may end up just estimating. Try a good search engine and see what turns up under that fork name. Good Luck

I have no direct knowledge of the brand specific parts you are looking for.
But....
I am in several face book trike groups (even have my own now) and i have heard that praying mantis model mentioned. Maybe even remember a picture posted.

Join some groups on the face book and ask the question there.

Thanks for the input everyone! I joined a couple of the fb groups, can't believe I didn't think of that LOL. I've been posting on the jockey journel site as well and when I pick it up I'll be swinging by the Harley dealership so they can get specs and see what might fit. Crossing my fingers. I was hoping against odds I might run across a Himsl guru who could tell me exactly what I need to get but we'll get there one way or the other. For a $300 investment so far it's a win win so far :)

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png