Smart siren from Radio Shack

RedOregon

300+ Posts
Aug 16, 2015
south of San Antonio
Back in the day, you used to be able to buy a little 10 buck piezo siren from Radio Shack instead of dropping a hundred bucks on the HD model. Anyone know if that's still possible, or did they electronic up to force you to buy their doodad?

You do know that Radio Shack no longer exists....closed doors last year!!!
Nope, not all of them. But I'm not surprised that you might think so if you live in Caldwell! (LOL... I lived there for a year when I was in 8th grade... up on Rice Road on a hill overlooking town if I remember right... gawd that was a long time ago!)

I have the H-D siren and the H-D pager .... and I like it a lot. It really gives me piece of mind.
You can mute the siren and only have the pager go off .... so they don't know you are coming for them!!

Bob :cool:

I have the H-D siren and the H-D pager .... and I like it a lot. It really gives me piece of mind. You can mute the siren and only have the pager go off .... so they don't know you are coming for them!! Bob :cool:

The alarm and pager does give a little piece of mind, the alarm on the trikes doesn't work near as good as it does on the 2 wheeler's. I can actually knock a trike into neutral and roll it away without the alarm going off, I do however have to do so gingerly. I rolled my 2010 and my dads 09 out of the garage or through a hotel parking lot without a peep from the alarm. In 2011 when my dads 09 broke down and the Harley dealer didn't have a trailer which could load the Triglide without dragging the back bumper, I pushed it a half a mile. I didn't have the fob and it never made one chirp. Now rock it hard and it will go off. Essentially the alarm will trip up someone who doesn't know its weakness and also someone who tries to load it on a trailer and haul it away.

Now on a 2 wheel Harley it's a whole different ball game, you can't even lift it off the stand without it screaming. The TSSM which also has the bank angle sensor is handled differntly on a trike vs a 2 wheeler. The bank angle is less sensitive on a trike, this is so it doesn't shutdown the engine on hard turns. The trike delivers more force on the bank angle vs 2 wheels. HD uses the bank angle to both cancel the turn signals and also shutdown the engine when a running bike is dropped.

Nope, not all of them. But I'm not surprised that you might think so if you live in Caldwell! (LOL... I lived there for a year when I was in 8th grade... up on Rice Road on a hill overlooking town if I remember right... gawd that was a long time ago!)

lol.....correcting my post....the Radio Shacks in Boise/Caldwell area are closed!!! Thanks Red :cxtv:

Last Harley I did that to was an '08 Ultra. Hard for me to remember, BUT there was a lead under the right side cover for the siren. I just spliced in the Radio Shack siren into the circuit and it worked just fine. Sorry I can't remember the color code, I did it a long time ago.

Good Luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png