Pearl Harbor

B 17 AVENGE PEARL HARBOR.jpg

my dad 50 missions two presidential citations. B-17 door gunner. North Africa to the belly of the beast, Schweinfurt on black Thursday was one of them, Hornets nest over Gerbaini was one also, 50 Nazis shot down, 8 possibles, he said it was a busy day,

Ben warmer, shot down 8 planes himself, with his previous kills he became an enlisted double ace that day and a battlefield promotion to LT. He was 2 planes to the left of my dad.

My uncle killed in a b-17 crash he enlisted with my dad. Dad was a crack shot, gunnery instructor Mountain home Idaho, uncle died training while there with my dad:mad: .

The day the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor............;)

The day the japs started it all, and Roosevelt used the excuse he was looking for to save England, he and Churchill had been collaborating on.

The far east took second fiddle to the war FDR was really interested in. The fuse was lit in Pearl, it was jus one action that started it all.

I still have a relative in the belly of the Oklahoma. Miserable way to go out.:mad:

But given time the Nazis would have got to Pearl sooner or later, the whole world was their target. But you know all this smarty pants. ;)

Next to last is a motorcycle buried from WWII and found with a detector. What a find.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy crap how did these pics get so big, ?? never before like that i cant see all the pic on the pic without moving it left or right. :Shrug:

Attachments

• B 17 AVENGE PEARL HARBOR.jpg
    B 17 AVENGE PEARL HARBOR.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 57
  • B 17 V DAY MOST FAMOUS PHOTO.jpg
    B 17 V DAY MOST FAMOUS PHOTO.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 57
  • b 25  BROKEN UP IN FLIGHT.jpg
    b 25 BROKEN UP IN FLIGHT.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 56
  • B 17 CANaDA.jpg
    B 17 CANaDA.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 58
  • B 17 ON FIRE GOING DOWN.jpg
    B 17 ON FIRE GOING DOWN.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 76
  • b-17 over the golden gate bridge.jpg
    b-17 over the golden gate bridge.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 56
  • B 17 REAL TIGER TANK, MY GOD !.jpg
    B 17 REAL TIGER TANK, MY GOD !.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 56
  • B 17 MOTOR CYCLE BURIED.jpg
    B 17 MOTOR CYCLE BURIED.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 57
The day the japs started it all, and Roosevelt used the excuse he was looking for to save England, he and Churchill had been collaborating on.

The far east took second fiddle to the war FDR was really interested in.
Thats exactly what my Old Man would say.... And he would add that the general feeling of the day was the Japs all wore thick coke bottle glasses and couldn't fly too well.
And would /couldn't do too much damage.. So let them hit us...And we could rally the troops and erase the isolationists in this country and then save England... And that dumb ass Hitler helped Roosevelt by declaring war on us a few days later..
I guess it all ended well though.......ThumbUp

Thats exactly what my Old Man would say.... And he would add that the general feeling of the day was the Japs all wore thick coke bottle glasses and couldn't fly too well.
And would /couldn't do too much damage.. So let them hit us...And we could rally the troops and erase the isolationists in this country and then save England... And that dumb ass Hitler helped Roosevelt by declaring war on us a few days later..
I guess it all ended well though.......ThumbUp

Where it all began. ;)

Father knows best ???

Attachments

• peral harbor.jpg
    peral harbor.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 37

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammybo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammybo
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png