swapping handlebars for more reach?

Dec 3, 2015
Sarasota
Has anyone swapped out their handlebars to bring them back closer to the rider?

I had a set of HeliBars on my Road Glide and am thinking biting the bullet and going with another set on my Free Wheeler...

I had a set of HeliBars on my Road Glide and am thinking biting the bullet and going with another set on my Free Wheeler...

Not sure what the Riser width is, but the Heritage Handlebars {if they fit the risers} might be an affordable and cool look. And just might be able to use the same cables. If the Helibars fit the Free - The Heritage should too as I had them on my 11 Road Glide - jc

Swapping bars

The stock bars on my free gave me awful back aches after 100 miles or so. The dealer suggested "mini-apes" and ordered a set. They turned our to be identical to the stock bars on my free so ....

I ended up with a 'forward' seat that puts the grips in my hands and saves my back at the expense of my behind.

The stock bars on my free gave me awful back aches after 100 miles or so. The dealer suggested "mini-apes" and ordered a set. They turned our to be identical to the stock bars on my free so ....

I ended up with a 'forward' seat that puts the grips in my hands and saves my back at the expense of my behind.

Same here. Left the bars alone and got a Mustang forward seat. Now I'm 2" more forward and have a great seat.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew73
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png