Headset comparisons

Patches

Contributing Member
Feb 17, 2008
Urich, MO.
I am going to buy a new headset for my helmet, and was wondering which brand/model is the best buy for the money? Currently have the J&M (8154) headset and am wondering if there is a better set out there? There is such a range in the prices that there must be a difference in the headsets. Thanks for the help.

Arlene, Wife and I both have the "Air Rider" headsets and we really like them. We had always used J&M before, but after I encountered quite a bit of trouble with mine on the way to Billings, Mt. we decided to try the Air Rider. J&M tried very hard to fix the problem, I believe they have great customer service and produce good equiptment, but after 2 tries at repairs, I decided to switch. So far the Air Riders have done everything we ask of them. Hope this helps, kruz ez, Dave

Ed sets are very good. I've got 4 helmets with them also Ed has there older model at a lower price and excellent the down side is no grantee. I bought two sets to have on in the bike in case one of the sets has a problem. I do not recommend the ones that mount on the side of helmet I couldn't get it to stick on helmet in hot weather, get the dongal.

We had Air Rider headsets, my wife still has hers and we liked them. A headset speaker went out on mine long after the warranty was over so I got a set of J&M Elite series for my KBC Tourcom helmet and like it a lot. Tried a buddy's helmet with Edsets and wish I had them. Clear voice like the other headsets, but when it comes to music, to me the J&M's were a better in the lower end than the Air Riders, and the Edsets are better yet overall. Edsets will be the next headset if one of ours goes bad.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tune man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png