C-5 vs C-130

I've flown in both of these but it's takes me back when it took three days to fly from Pisa back to Missouri on a C-130. I didn't think we would ever get off that bird!

Iv'e flown in The C130, And back in 65 would watch them do touch and go at Fort Lewis [Gray Army Air Field] Being new to the military i couldn't figure what they were doing' it was quite a sight.. And a little unnerving..

I spent my Air Force career in Air Transportation. I wish I had a dollar for every passenger or ton of cargo I loaded/unloaded from these aircraft and others.......Sure do miss it sometimes!!

Anyone fly on the C123? It's smaller then the C130 and has tubo engines between the props to get it in the air quickly. Was designed for use in Vietnam.

I flew from Patrick AFB FL to Westover MA on a C123. It took about 10 hours. I was sleeping in the side web seats and could feel the plane pitching downward. I looked up and the engineer was sitting in the jump seat in the doorway of the cockpit. He was opening the navigation hatch about 1/2 way which caused the pitching.

I needed to get rid of some coffee which I had consumed earlier and was shown a funnel which was near the rear starboard side door. I had to lean against the wall of the plane to go. There was no collection system so someone on the ground probably got a shower....

I went from Long Bein in a Caribou to Pleiku, With one hard landing in between..
Had to drop off some Spooks, On a mountain top dirt strip.. Somewhere in the Central Highlands... The hard part was i had to walk [pace] the length of the strip with the Pilot in heavy Monsoon rain to make sure where was enough strip to take off again...
Those were wild and crazy times....:xzqxz:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png