Short New Years Day Ride..

May 27, 2011
San Angelo
It's tradition to put my butt in the saddle on New Years day. Myself and a few friends rode 50 miles to lunch then came on back home. Was a bit nippy starting out at 37 degrees but the 42 coming home was starting to be bearable. Actually, dressed well so the start was not all that bad either.. :xszpv::xszpv:

Did anyone out there join me for a ride???? :) :)

Yes we did. Always heard if you rode on New Years Day you would have good luck all year long. Hope this is true.
Bundled up for a short ride. Started out it was 27 degrees and sunny. Rode for about 45 minutes until the wife thought that we probably got all the good luck we needed. I hope she was right. Rode about 20 miles in and around town.
Happy New Year to all of our Trike Talk Friends !!!! ThumbUp :pepper:

Just got back from my New Year Day ride. We were lucky this year and the sun was shinning and the temp was in the low 40's. I'm guessing we got in around 100 miles so I'm hoping that is enough for some good luck this year. All I can say is that I had a smile on my face and the wind on my back enjoying the ride.:D:D:D

New Years Day Ride

We have the same tradition of riding on New Years day...missed one every now and then if there is snow or ice on the roads. This season has been great for riding with moderate temperatures. Todays ride started at 52* and got down to 42* by the time we got home. We got in 70 miles on a trip up to Urbanna Creek Marina and back with a quick lunch stop at Hardees.

KIMG0135.jpg

When we pulled in my wife hollered "watch out for the gravel !" Non-issue for the trike, but she sure remembered the times on the bike.:gah:

Yes, we joined you!

We just got back from our traditional New Years Day putt. 39* and cloudy, so it was a short 70 miles.

We did not take the Tri-Glide. Mary does not like riding it without the Tour-Pak, so we were on the Softail.

We stopped by the building we came very close to moving into last November.

On December 23rd it got hit by a tornado. The owner (a longtime friend) is getting it cleaned up and ready to be rebuilt.

Randys%20Shop%201-1-16b_zpsbe6uaw2p.jpg

Kevin

Yes, got our first ride of the new year in also, about 70 miles for breakfast and a little sight seeing, started out at 71 degrees and when we came home it was 83, good way to start off the year.

We to wife and I went for a first day of the year ride around town. Was 61 degrees and blue sky's. Bike will be down most of next week putting in new rockers, rocker box's, push rods, tappet blocks and lifters. Been getting in the parts all week. Easy to get apart hope it go's back together ok.;)

*Sigh* No ride for me this year.
I had the last ride of the year this past Tuesday. I had no choice - the state of Missouri decided the Roadhawk needed to be inspected by the Highway Patrol to verify the make, year and VIN. No problems, a nice new title will be sent with no issues. The temp at the house when I left was 35°, and on the way home the temp soared to 39°. Was nice and toasty with the Gerbings heated jacket liner and gloves.
Usually I ride the annual Ron Blue Memorial Iron Man run we put on through ABATE District 4 in NW Arkansas. I am currently nursing a sinus infection, and I couldn't see Riding 104 miles round trip to take a 40 mile ride, even with the heated gear.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png