"Chick-Fil-A" Veteran's Day Honor

David357

30500+ Posts
May 31, 2015
Hobe Sound, FL.
chick-vets.jpg

By Bill Callen
| Top Right News

Chick-fil-A, the same fast-food outlet has once again proved a positive to the world. This time it did so by unveiling an amazing Veterans Day tribute that left Georgia resident Eric Comfort in complete shock.

According to a Facebook post he published on Monday, when he walked into a local Chick-fil-A, Comfort discovered a “Missing Man Table” that contained a single rose, a Bible and a folded American flag, as well as a plaque within which was the following explanation: “This table is reserved to honor our missing comrades in arms. The tablecloth is white — symbolizing the purity of their motives when answering the call of duty. The single red rose, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the life of each of the missing and their loved ones and friends of these Americans who keep the faith, awaiting answers. The vase is tied with a red ribbon, symbol of our continued determination to account for our missing. A pinch of salt symbolizes the tears endured by those missing and their families who seek answers. The Bible represents the strength gained through faith to sustain those lost from our country, founded as one nation under God. The glass is inverted — to symbolize their inability to share this evening’s toast. The chair is empty — they are missing.”

After the story went viral, the store manager, Alex Korchan,explained to WSB that his team members had set up the table because they “wanted to honor veterans.” Furthermore, he revealed that he planned to offer free meals to all veterans and their family members this Veterans Day between the hours of 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. Korchan also put up a poster so that customers could write in the names of loved ones who they have lost. “We’ve had a lot of people who have come in and seen it and been touched by it,” Korchan continued.“It’s been special to see.”

mmt.jpg

For those of you who are not aware of this Chick-fil-a gives a 10% discount to all Honorably Discharged Veterans. I really appreciate them for doing this for us!! I always try to find a Chick-fil-a anywhere I go. Not only for the 10% discount but I like to support them for what they do for us. It gives me a sense of Pride to walk in there and say I'm a Veteran!! If you are a Veteran PLEASE support them as they support us!! Thank you fellow Vets and to our present service women and men from an ole USMC Veteran!!!! "Semper Fi"

Not many/any Chick fil a restaurants this far north.:mad:
You folks down south need to visit them more often so's they'll have more $$ to invest in opening more storesThumbUp

We're working on it Lol.... :laugh: we visit our local chick-fil-a 🐤 about once a week for lunch or dinner. It's great to see that they do this for our military. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png