New Bars LA Choppers Twin Peaks 16in Apes

Aug 6, 2015
Holiday
So I finally am got a good pic of my new apes installed. LOVE them did 150 miles yesterday no issues.

20160110_140800_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20160110_140811_resized.jpg
    20160110_140811_resized.jpg
    506.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 20160110_140816_resized.jpg
    20160110_140816_resized.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 240
Bars

Did you have to get new clutch line, brake line, and extended wires? If you did where did you get them?

How tall are those puppies? Are they a true 16"? I had Yaffee's and they where running 2" taller than all the others.

jc
17" from the nacelle do if not true 16" close to it. Perfect height for me :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nice ... hehehe ... no balance issues either ... :pepper:
Thanks! balance issues?? Huh? Feeling slow LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have to get new clutch line, brake line, and extended wires? If you did where did you get them?
Yes all extended. I got the bars from Drag Specialties, I had Tampa HD do the work, I am friends with some of the service guys, Tiny the service writer helped me pick out the bars and size, they did a great job, I got update pics sent to me as they did it LOL. 944897_1054546531243651_4562837802781595968_n.jpg10363680_1054546511243653_3427891136173013799_n.jpg

Normally,I don't care that much for tall bars but I have to say those look pretty darn good on Jd's Freewheeler. ThumbUp

Normally,I don't care that much for tall bars but I have to say those look pretty darn good on Jd's Freewheeler. ThumbUp
Thanks Clint, they do not seem all that tall when I am on the free LOL They are just bellow my shoulder height....

VERY NICE - Think your ready for the CALIFORNIA scene....
:laugh:
Thanks!.... Nah I am too ugly for Cali :p:pepper:

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance of a pic of you on the bike for reference? And how tall are ya?

jc
I am only about 6'1, but I am a large guy, also the Corbin seat I had made is a little bit taller than the stock seat. This is a pic of me with the stock bars and the corbin seat... I don't have me on the trike with the new bars yet..... Hope this helps.... You can see how low I was reaching with the stock bars.20151222_220717_resized.jpg

So I finally am got a good pic of my new apes installed. LOVE them did 150 miles yesterday no issues.

View attachment 32478

My friend, those apes are pure sickness! Love the look. I live in So. Cal. and you are welcome anytime. The Rhinehart slip-ons look good as well. I sold mine that I had on my RK because I felt they would stick out too far. But with that bumper in place, they look pretty aggressive.

Thanks man for taking the time to share! ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

My friend, those apes are pure sickness! Love the look. I live in So. Cal. and you are welcome anytime. The Rhinehart slip-ons look good as well. I sold mine that I had on my RK because I felt they would stick out too far. But with that bumper in place, they look pretty aggressive.

Thanks man for taking the time to share! ThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp
Thanks man!! I almost didn't do the rineharts, like you, I was not sure about how I would like how far they would stick out. Then I heard another freewheeler with them and I was sold.... They do stick out a bit from the bumper but I agree nice aggressive look, but the sound... perfect deep growl. I may take you up on that some time....

Hate to ask, but can you give the price for the bars and exhaust. Also, how do the bars work for turning a tight corner? Thanks.
Total on the bars including install and all of the extensions was around $1,300. Turning is better, they are just bellow my shoulders instead of at my waist so leverage is better, I do lean forward a little (not off the seat or even close) at full lock. I did the slip ons a couple months ago so I would have to look to see what I paid but I am thinking 500 total, I think the slip ons were around 4 and install was about an hour, wish I have a trike lift.

Total on the bars including install and all of the extensions was around $1,300. Turning is better, they are just bellow my shoulders instead of at my waist so leverage is better, I do lean forward a little (not off the seat or even close) at full lock. I did the slip ons a couple months ago so I would have to look to see what I paid but I am thinking 500 total, I think the slip ons were around 4 and install was about an hour, wish I have a trike lift.
Thanks a lot for the answers. Yeah, a lift would be a good thing.

thank you for sharing. I need to do bars, a comfort lift and a brighter head light. Money is a serious issue so it will be awhile. I really like the bars . I may do the 14's just enough height and looks great.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png