CSC Kruze exhaust unintended consequences

The latest is . . .

The bad news is the trike probably won't come home until Tues. The good news is that progress is still being made. Their paint guy has been out sick so the items he is responsible for didn't get started until today. Supposedly he'll come in on Sat. so the body can go on Mon. The EZ Steer went on today and the front wheel should have been replaced before COB. I did notice the coolant tank was relocated. I can't wait to find out how to access the coolant tank after the body goes on.

This is not a pretty view.

Front view.jpg

What happened to my front wheel???

Front wheel fell off.jpg

Nice rake!

Rake - left.jpg

Funny place to put an overflow tank.

Overflow tank relocate.jpg

I wonder if I can get them to pay a penalty for missing my BD?

Wasted days and wasted nights . . .

OK, not really wasted. The paint guy was out sick again today so the shop concentrated on catching up on other work that is pending. Delivery on Tues. may be in jeopardy? The front wheel returned to its rightful place yesterday. That's the extent of the progress.

Dang that rake looks kool!

Found front wheel 2.jpg

It may be interesting to see what Mon. brings.

Interesting note: They have a '09 Voyager in the shop that needed to have the reverse replaced. The replacement can be done by pulling the wheels. The body doesn't have to be removed first. I don't know if this was warranty work or not. During our discussion the mechanic cautioned against "abusing" reverse. Baby that puppy and it will last otherwise it could be spendy.

CSC advises to put your foot on the rear brake and then engage the reverse, then let off and on the brake to control backup speed instead of letting on and off the reverse button so the reverse seleniod isn't kicking the reverse unit in and out to save wear out tear on the unit and you shouldn't have any issues.

CSC advises to put your foot on the rear brake and then engage the reverse, then let off and on the brake to control backup speed instead of letting on and off the reverse button so the reverse seleniod isn't kicking the reverse unit in and out to save wear out tear on the unit and you shouldn't have any issues.

Interesting, not only will I keep that in mind but I'll also share that with the mechanic at the shop. Thanks.

Gettin' there... ThumbUp

The overflow will be accessed from under the seat when done... Easy to get to.

That's what I figured. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

That must be another one of those RTFM items in the manual I don't have yet. :)

That must be another one of those RTFM items in the manual I don't have yet. :)

Actually I learned that the hard way. I was told that by my dealer as I had an issue with a broken belt on the reverse unit due to a defective belt (somehow it had got nicked during the install). When the new belt was installed CSC then "added that info" on the "best way to preserve the belt and reverse unit". I was not told that before and it wasn't info in the manual.

Oh BTW, you are going to be surprised how fast the reverse is the first time you try it.

Actually I learned that the hard way. I was told that by my dealer as I had an issue with a broken belt on the reverse unit due to a defective belt (somehow it had got nicked during the install). When the new belt was installed CSC then "added that info" on the "best way to preserve the belt and reverse unit". I was not told that before and it wasn't info in the manual.

Oh BTW, you are going to be surprised how fast the reverse is the first time you try it.

Hmmm, so if there's a chink in CSC's armor it's lack of documentation? I wonder what else we don't know that we don't know? All this caused me to revisit the CSC website and this is what I found:

Electric ReverseInstallation Instructions
REVISED 1 - 2016

"Operating the Electric Reverse:
1. With the Trike in neutral. Start the engine.
2. Depress the reverse switch and the red LED will lightup.
3. Press the start button and the trike will then back up.
4. If the brakes are applied the reverse will pause untilthe brakes are no longer being used."

Is that in line with the way yours operates?

I was surprised to find CSC uses stick on weights to balance the wheels. I didn't know that practice was still in use, the weight makers must have gone to better stickum.

Thanks to your prior warning reverse speed is one of the things I checked out during the test ride last month.

Yes, that is how mine works.

CSC says it is better on the reverse unit to use the brake to pause the reverse instead of letting on and off the starter button when you are backing up is how I should have wrote it. You would think they ought to have that in their instructions instead of word of mouth though.

No news today 2Paps?

BTW, Happy Belated Birthday! 🎂

Ol' school,
Thank you for the BD wishes. :)

You're right, no new reportable news yesterday. The painter did live thru his bout with the flu and looked pretty good today. He was hard at work taping and painting a Kruze body and a set of lower fairings for a Voyager. Now who might that belong to? The body won't be ready to go on the trike until Thurs. I might not get delivery until Mon.

Body w black.jpg

The black coat is done.

Taping.jpg

This guy is meticulous with the tape! Getting ready to shoot the red.

Lower Fairings.jpg

Ah, there's some RED! I'm having the lowers ArmorCoated along with the fenders on the body.

Gettin close now!

We got paint! :pepper::pepper:

2 tone paint right front.jpg

2 tone paint left.jpg

2 tone paint trunk lid.jpg

There is no clear coat on the above.

Tank side.jpg

This has clear coat! :cool:

Kawi exhaust w-o nipple.jpg

In case you're wondering what's inside the "can" forward of the CSC muffler this is it. That's all that's left of the Kawi exhaust!

Kawi exhaust w- nipple.jpg

There was a cap on the end but CSC said to cut it off.

Today was kinda a dud. The lowers were replaced on the trike and the body was clear coated. Talked to the owner who said they were shooting for Mon. or Tues. to deliver the fully tested trike to me.

Lower fairing clear coated and reinstalled.jpg

Lower fairings clear coated and installed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cantgetright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png