Who's Burried ???

Lee H. Mann

Gone But Not Forgotten
Apr 9, 2011
Martinsburg, WV
Here in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, there is 22"+ of snow and it is still snowing. They have predicted another 12" before tonight. Nice and toasty inside and absolutely no traffic outside.

We have maybe an inch. 15 miles south of here they have approx 4-6 inches and 35 miles south it goes to 8+. Having said that I find this one of the FEW times its ever been an advantage to live 'up north'.

Be safe ...

It sure is a strange one. 40miles South (in NYC) getting pounded. Here little wind with large sno flakes. 1.5" on ground.

Hard to tell, Maybe 8/10 inches :Shrug:, And still snowing hard' But with the wind blowing at 25/30 mph the drifts are 3 feet +. Nothing that my snow blower can't handle... The snow is powder not wet..
Just life in the North East....

OOOPHFF

My neighbor is out in his driveway with a backhoe moving snow and has no place to put it. :Shrug::Shrug:
He is supposed to come over here later :pepper::pepper::pepper:but he might not be able to get out of the hole he dug.:AGGHH:

The end of my driveway has over 48" of snow from passing snow plows.

We have maybe an inch. 15 miles south of here they have approx 4-6 inches and 35 miles south it goes to 8+. Having said that I find this one of the FEW times its ever been an advantage to live 'up north'.

Be safe ...

I know what you mean. I got about an inch and a half here in Batavia. As you know, Amelia is only 7 miles from Bethel. Amelia got 1.5 inches. Bethel got 4.5. Cinci got a dustings only. Glad we missed the bullet on this one. My daughter in DC has 14 on the ground with another 12-14 coming today.

God knows I wish you no ill and I'm not laughing the conditions are a threat to life especially as your not used to it? Even if you had a vehicle to handle it it's someone else that will kill you?

Now you know what life is like in the high country of Wyoming.

I will bet you are just like me, I'm am so over winter! ( someone please send me a whaaaaa-mbulance?

winter%20in%20ten%20sleep%20canyon%20resizedjpeg-.jpgsydney,%20me%20and%20deep%20snow.jpg378919_318953711466416_166484893_n.jpg

All that being said I'm watching newscast on CNN in New York and other places, reporters walking through 2' of snow and making a big deal out of it and all the hype seems a bit ridicules to us, we take such weather as just another expected condition of living here? I didn't say I liked it!

The wind out here is what will truly kill you when this happens and 50-70 mph winds and large drifts are no stranger.

Be careful out there, were used to it but were sure not dumb about it's danger!

SNOW DAYS ON CASPER MOUNTAIN SO FAR THIS WINTER

fa1cf6fd-47d8-4704-98d1-3dcb115ea676.png

24 inches here and still more to come. Winds are drifting what is down up to 3 plus feet. Ready for it to be over!

pcombe, always wanted to move to Wyoming in my younger days. When we get weather like this here not sure I still have that dream now even though you DO live in a beautiful place!

Glad to see this one not hitting northern New England for a change.:xzqxz:
Hope the storm, Jonah?, doesn't cause any loss of life, but there is always someone who needs to go out driving in it that really doesn't have respect for what Mother Nature can throw their way.
Folks that have to deal with the cleanup who are not used to working snow, should also use caution as there are always a case or two of heart attacks from over exertion.
Bottom line, be careful, stay safe, don't over work yourself & don't hesitate to ask for help in digging out if needed.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png