Your Knowledge

Jan 17, 2016
Hillsboro, MO USA
:wave4: Hello Everyone,

I was steered to your Forum by another member, Hogcowboy. It looks great. My husband and I are currently trying to learn as much as we can about trikes. We are leaning toward a Goldwing with either a Hannigan or Roadsmith. Hoping to go to some dealers to sit on them and see how they fit us. I'm appreciating everyone's first hand experience and the info from folks that actually ride trikes.

Hi MONI but you might have been better off not saying this trouble maker steered you here.:Shrug::AGGHH:

Start another thread and ask questions about your specific needs to get the best help. And I know you have some issues that will need addressed. Personally I don't know how your giant husband is going to fit a Wing but with a trike conversion I think it will be possible. Then you got the wrist issue. Don't know if that's completely resolved or not and whether you'll need some kind of adaptive measures. I know the Spyder can be fixed to help but neither of you are interested in a Spyder. So ask away. These guys can help. Especially the big guy Randy or Bazooka here. Sorry Randy, but this is a friend from another forum and they need some REAL help. I'd even like to see a fly and ride thing work but who knows.:cool: They are a little was away though. But as you will find out you do have something in common.

Great Info

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm kind of laughing because I've said some of the same things to folks on the other Forum when they're wanting to know what bike they should get. But that really is some of the best advice.

We plan on having fun in our search! We are going to be going to some dealers to look starting next month. As HCB said, my husband is large, 6' 5" and weighs around 300 lbs. We haven't sat on any trikes yet so we're not sure what is going to fit us. I'm 5' 2" and weigh...too much! We are going to get something we both can drive!!! LOL I ride my own bike and want to continue to with a trike.

My husband has issues with his right wrist, lost 2/3 of his grip and has very little flexibility. We believe we can put something like the cramp buster on and he would be fine.

I know what you're saying about size I'm 6'7@300 lbs ,l ride a GL1500 and am always messing with it trying get more room. Good luck with your search and let me know if you find something with lots of room!

From the U.P. of Michigan welcome to the website. You could also check used trikes just to see the options and see how they fit. A lot of floorboards and foot pegs have some adjustment to them. Plus I've seen some very nice custom work if you can find the right people to do the work. I hope that you can find one that will work for you and will give you many miles and many smiles. Ride safe, and stop in often.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png