What to put on a csc trike

May 29, 2010
GA
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed reading all the threads.

I am looking to get my first trike. I am planning to trike a 2005 GL1800 with a california side car trike kit. I am trying to price it, but am unsure of what options I should put on it. Does anyone have recommendations? Are Ground Effects a good option - why? Do you recommend the extra fuel tank? I would really like to keep the cost down if possible, but don't want to leave off anything that's considered essential.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Just popping in to welcome you to TrikeTalk! You are in the right place to get a variety of opinions ;). They are all good, but you can sift through them for what is best for you! Keep us posted on your progress. (PICTURES!!!!!)

Just wanted to welcome you to the Boards. I'm going to let someone that has a similiar set-up give you their advice. I can only tell you I have a Harley Ultra-Classic that I added a Hannigan Trike kit to. I also added the ground effects and a rake kit. I LOVE IT..... good luck & keep us posted with pictures.....

I would go with the ground effects for both looks and rider protection. The aux fuel cell that's another story, I know people who love them and others who hate them. Some complain about the fuel transfer from one to the other, others say that it doesn't empty completly and fuel is always left in the cell. From what I've heard from others that would be an option I'd avoid. I don't know of many people ordering a new trike that have added the fuel cell, as they've heard both good and bad things about them too. Raked trees that's a good investment, as is matching wheels front and rear for looks.
The best entry point is the raked trees and ground effects, the two best selling points for a new or used trike.:yes:

just had my 1800 done, love the aux fuel tank, gives you options that have already come in handy, if you ride one up no need for the "PERFORMANCE SHOCK" it is not a handling issue option for most, RAKE is a must, performance brakes??? well the red calipers sure look cool, not sure they brake any better and a spot to save, trunk light helps to find things at night, the led on the front wheels is a cool little add on for cheap, chrome trim really adds to the look, I am glad I got it, you will get the free light bar, its nice to light up the back end better, trunk carpet is really well done in my opinion and something I could not have done to finish it off, the ground effects tie the whole thing together in my opinion, they can be added later if money is real tight but you will be stay dry, have side turn signal lights and not accidently put you feet on the ground and run over them, that said, if I had it to do over I would not have had them painted and had them done with LINE-X coating to eliminate chips, line-x can color match anything you bring them, I plan to have that done when I get back from alaska,,,,chrome wheels, I always consider the "NEGOTIONABLE WITH THE SELLER" but they sure look sharp!

Hope that helps, if I think of anything else I will update this, in any event you will love the ride and handling!!

steve, basically the running boards if you will on the goldwing trikes, keeps the feet dry and safe, connects the whole cruising package, thats JMHO!

How about filling in your profile? It's nice to have a name, location of who we are talking to. Like Bob, I just had a CSC installed on my 08 Wing. Options?

auxiliary tank
ground effects
rake kit
carpet kit
trunk light
performance brake
performance shock
led fork lights
chrome wheels and trim
parking brake
rear light bar

SJS, I have a CSC on a 03 GL & concur with Tango & Trikerbob. I have all the aforementioned farkles except the parking brake. Off all of them, the rake kit & the ground effect are the most valuable. When I got the trike, I thought the aux fuel tank was going to do wonders. Somedays it sucks! Somedays we are so glad we have it!! Just dont seem to be able to get all the fuel benefits outta it! But it sure helps with the additional distance between pit stops...the potty stops are another matter. I'd pass on the brake it. I dont believe it's done me a bit of good. Unfortunately, my 03 does not have ABS, which I sorely miss! Hope this helps.

Hello,

I'm new to this forum and have enjoyed reading all the threads.

I am looking to get my first trike. I am planning to trike a 2005 GL1800 with a california side car trike kit. I am trying to price it, but am unsure of what options I should put on it. Does anyone have recommendations? Are Ground Effects a good option - why? Do you recommend the extra fuel tank? I would really like to keep the cost down if possible, but don't want to leave off anything that's considered essential.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I have a 2002 GL1800 which had the CSC conversion done in 2005 ... I got everything done but am most glad I had the auxiliary fuel tank done.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snewt

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snewt
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png