Anyone ever installed a bumper on a Harley Tri Glide

Oct 25, 2015
Indianapolis
I thought I would save some money and buy an aftermarket bumper for my 15 TG.

I went to the garage to see about taking out the liner and it seems like it might be glued in place. On one side it seemed like velco held in in place, but not on the other side.

Can anyone provide me with the experiences in installing their bumper?

Thanks!

I thought I would save some money and buy an aftermarket bumper for my 15 TG.

I went to the garage to see about taking out the liner and it seems like it might be glued in place. On one side it seemed like velco held in in place, but not on the other side.

Can anyone provide me with the experiences in installing their bumper?

Thanks!

My 15 was not glued anywhere. Pulled right out - jc

Bumper is mounted on the outside under the trunk. Kit comes with longer bolts to replace the ones inside the trunk floor.

My 2014 trunk liner had Velcro NOT any glue.

Good to know. I don't want to start yanking and cause damage that will cost more money than I am trying to save!

My 16 is velcroed on both sides (no glue). I did the HD bumper. The longer bolts are included. My son helped me and it took about a half hour. Extra pair of hands is very helpful. I loosed all 4 bolts but only replaced them one at a time (to make sure everything stayed in place). BEFORE you tighten everything, make sure you have the bumper "centered" from side to side. Had to loosen the bolts and adjust this and then tighten again, so check the centering the first time!

My 16 is velcroed on both sides (no glue). I did the HD bumper. The longer bolts are included. My son helped me and it took about a half hour. Extra pair of hands is very helpful. I loosed all 4 bolts but only replaced them one at a time (to make sure everything stayed in place). BEFORE you tighten everything, make sure you have the bumper "centered" from side to side. Had to loosen the bolts and adjust this and then tighten again, so check the centering the first time!

As stated above

Last edited:

God advice. Thanks!

The '09, '11, '14, and Freewheeler were all velcro'd. You just have to feel around the seems until you find it. The 9, 11, and 14 were all pretty easy to install. The Freewheeler mounts were separate from the bumper and the clearance wasn't that easy.

Good Luck laying on that cold cement floor

Piece of cake

My 2015 TG was velcro only. Helps to have small pieces of 2x4 to support one side while you bolt up if doing by yourself. Pay attention to where on the bolt you need to apply blue Loctite.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png