Wind deflector for Harley

Oct 13, 2015
Milford Mi.
I was on eglidegoodies.com. There is a wind deflector that goes between the fairing & lowers. It is supposed to stop 90% of wind coming up between the fairing and lowers. Has any one tried these? They say they are adjustable. I get a lot of wind from that area. It would be nice to adjust the flow or eliminate it when it's cold out.

I was on eglidegoodies.com. There is a wind deflector that goes between the fairing & lowers. It is supposed to stop 90% of wind coming up between the fairing and lowers. Has any one tried these? They say they are adjustable. I get a lot of wind from that area. It would be nice to adjust the flow or eliminate it when it's cold out.

There are several wind deflectors available on the market of the design you mention (although I've not seen any that are easily adjustable). There are also fork mounted wind deflectors.

These work very well at reducing the amount of wind hitting the rider and the passenger. They also reduce the amount of wind going across the engine.

This is fine when it's cold, but when it gets warmer, it is not good for the engine.

One thing you can do is add a Tank Lift. This reduces the amount of air coming over the top of the tank and hitting the rider in the chest. Many experience a reduction in buffeting with a Tank Lift. It will also reduce your engine temps by about 10*. This is because the air that was going over the top of the tank and hitting the rider is not going below the tank, and over the engine.

We are currently working on a wind deflector set up that will redirect air, that normally hits the rider and the passenger, to flow over the engine. Doing this benefits the rider/passenger AND helps the engine. There's a little bit about this at this link, down toward the bottom of post #86-

http://www.triketalk.com/forum/threads/30249-DK-Custom-PROJECT-TRI-GLIDE-Report-w-Lots-of-Pics/page9

Kevin

Yes, I have the wind deflectors....have had them on the '09 and now '13 Tri-Glide with no issues. And, yes, it does stop the wind. Very happy customer!

I had them on my 11TG. It did help with wind come over the tank but also made for more heat around the engine due to lack of airflow. I took them off, engine runs cooler with more air. I can deal with the wind in my face.

I had the tank deflector and the fork deflectors but never used the fork deflectors. The tank wind deflector worked great from that rush of air blowing around the gas tank area. Had no issues with cooling the engine. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvester
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png