Might seem like a strange question.... does anyone notice fender vibration/ shaking?

Might seem like a strange question.... does anyone notice fender vibration/ shaking?

My neighbor followed me home from the HD hospital today. Mentioned that my left fender vibrated/ shook much more than the right one when at idle and stopped. Anyone else notice this ?

And yes I checked right away. Fender is solid when bike is turned off .. nothing moves at all on either side of trike . I guess I am just curious what might cause the trike to do this. Does not seem to affect the ride. And the fender is not loose.
Quirky HD's and all.

:Coffee:

Mine is confused. Only one fender vibrates LOL...

- - - Updated - - -

My FLRT does the same thing as did my 09 Tri Glide.

I figured it was normal . Just did not want to find out it was a symptom of something unknown. I will be glad when I learn more about trikes.

Its all really new . Completely new from the middle of the trike back.

I was on two wheels for a really long time. The basics are the same but there is a ton of new stuff to learn. Thanks for answering.

Yes

I noticed this past weekend that my Trixie's back fenders shake. I just went over 1000 miles so was planning on asking about it during her checkup.

Hey, If it didn't shake rattle and vibrate, How would you know if it was running properly.
And if by some chance you could stop the shake rattle and vibrating, You would end up voiding your warranty :laugh:

My neighbor followed me home from the HD hospital today. Mentioned that my left fender vibrated/ shook much more than the right one when at idle and stopped. Anyone else notice this ?

And yes I checked right away. Fender is solid when bike is turned off .. nothing moves at all on either side of trike . I guess I am just curious what might cause the trike to do this. Does not seem to affect the ride. And the fender is not loose.
Quirky HD's and all.

:Coffee:

LOL - Never a problem, that is unless the mirrors are shaking too......no wait.....

jc

I noticed this past weekend that my Trixie's back fenders shake. I just went over 1000 miles so was planning on asking about it during her checkup.

Trixie got her 1000 mile checkup and the mechanic said her fender was loose. He tightened 3 bolts and no more shake.

1,800 miles since Christmas! I'm a happy triker!

15 FLRT Left fender vibration

You need to use 4 bolts to lock down your license plate to the bracket. If you only have two then that is your problem. mine did the same thing but the two extra screws/bolts fixed it.

You need to use 4 bolts to lock down your license plate to the bracket. If you only have two then that is your problem. mine did the same thing but the two extra screws/bolts fixed it.

I'm trying to figure out how license plates bolts stop the fender from shaking. I apologize if I missed something, It just doesn't add up to me...

vibration

my 2015 free has 24,000 miles on it. It does not shake at all (the fenders I mean) I also only have two bolts on the licence plate. Maybe check your wheels for balance sometimes those stick on weights that Harley puts on will fall off. that will cause vibration also motor mounts may have loosened or not adjusted right from factory. Its hard to believe but occasionally some bikes come from the factory with defects

my 2015 free has 24,000 miles on it. It does not shake at all (the fenders I mean) I also only have two bolts on the licence plate. Maybe check your wheels for balance sometimes those stick on weights that Harley puts on will fall off. that will cause vibration also motor mounts may have loosened or not adjusted right from factory. Its hard to believe but occasionally some bikes come from the factory with defects

GERALD: The fender shakes at idle.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png