New Member Introduction

Feb 5, 2016
Monterey, TN, USA
Hello All,

I guess I am a little late in this portion of the forum. I apologize for not doing this first. I am a retired LEO currently living in Tennessee. My passion is for multiple toy styled interests; including but not limited to motorcycling, boating, fishing, hunting, archery, camping (truck camper) and wrench turning. I would have preferred to install the conversion kit myself, but no joy with MT. Since I really like the design of the MT IRS and the flair of the Razor body, I must rely on the quality of build by a local Honda dealer. I had considered having an independent installer do the work but there were too many variables that just didn't feel right, considering my background. For one the independent dealer was at least twice the distance from my home. He also requested to have the complete purchase price of the conversion up front before the order was placed. He did offer to save me some needed capital by offering for me to pay "CASH" to avoid the tax man. My LEO background just didn't want to risk that kind of hard earned cash on what could have been a serious mistake. It might have worked out in the end and he could have done an excellent conversion. I just had to go with my "gut" and go the Honda dealer in Chattanooga. By this time next month, my '05 GL1800 should belong to the world of trikes and I can truly then consider you fellow 3-wheelers!

I am anxiously awaiting for the month to pass, which will also help us to get rid of some of this winter weather. I look forward to meeting some of you, especially the ones that have already assisted me in the decision making process. My first event that I plan to attend will be the TN Spring Fling GWRRA Rally in Pigeon Forge, TN on the last weekend of April (2016). Shortly thereafter, 2 fellow Wingers and my Brother-in-law on his new H-D Limited will be heading out for a complete tour of most of the Western states. A trip that should last approximately 30 days on the road. BTW, all the other guys will be on 2 wheels.

First off, from a fellow LEO (not retired) let me say welcome to Trike Talk! This is one friendly place, and you will make friends easily. Next, you did good letting your gut rule your head. That could have turned out real ugly, and there wouldn't have been a whole lot you could've done about it. Mechanics usually hold the ante on most things when they decide to go to the dark side, if you know what I mean.

And waiting a month---meh---it'll go by so fast you won't even know it went. Besides, it'll just be getting nice weather and you'll be able to ride consistently. Oh, BTW, the name is Scott...glad to meet you. See you out in the threads. Don't be afraid to ask questions. We don't bite...much. :D

Sorry it's late and I forgot my manners, my name is Steve. Hello Scott, fellow LEO. My service career extends a little further. At 18 yoa, upon graduation from HS, I enlisted in the USAF. I served in various assignments/locations until I was discharged and I transferred over to the Reserve. I served there another four years before finally hanging up my cap. While in the Reserve I attended the FHP Academy and upon graduation was assigned to Miami. But after the 1980 riots and lots of other things, I folded up shop and my bride and I moved to SC where my father's family was. I eventually went to work for a 6 square mile community as a PO, on a 16 officer department. I went from junior officer to senior officer in 1 1/2 years. But the low pay and my parents moving back to Florida kinda left me without any future. So I applied and was accepted to the Metro-Dade Public Safety Department (Sheriff's Office). I worked here for the next 28 years attaining the rank of Police Sergeant, which actually came within the last 11 years of my career. I was an FTO for over 16 years, and i truly enjoyed every minute of it. I retired in 2010 and we moved north to Tennessee to get away from Hurricanes (not the football team), crowds, traffic and non english speaking community. Our oldest son is on the same department and he already has 13 years of tenure.

I have already spoken to several members of the forum. And as you have said they are a very friendly bunch. I am sorry that I won't be able to meet up with everyone in Missouri this year, but by the time that is is going on I will be somewhere in Washington state.

- - - Updated - - -

You probably notice from my Avatar that something is amiss. I will grab a new pic from Killboy when I run the "Dragon" again, but on my "05 Triked in April during the rally.

My history is a little shorter...graduated hs in '85, drifted to a few menial jobs, then got a job at the local county jail in 90. Worked there until '98 with a year sandwiched in as a road deputy (hated it) then back inside where I liked it. Got a job as a park ranger in 99 (did that because it was a state job). Transferred to another state position working with juvenile prisoners in 2000. Then got a job in the federal prison system in early '03, and am still there to this day. I CAN retire in 7 years 2 months (who's counting), and HAVE to retire in 8 years 4 months (again, who's counting).

So yeah, I can relate to working a bunch of lower paying jobs before finally hitting pay dirt. My present job is a good gig, and I have to retire at 57, so I should have a lot of life left to live if I take care of myself.

Welcome to TT Steve!ThumbUp

I started in the US Army Military Police. Did 10+ years there. Then another 15 years with the same Agency as Scott. Had to retire on Disability in 2005 (same reason I left the Army). Now I just enjoy life!

Welcome to Trike Talk maybe a little late but what the heck. You should love the trip out west this summer on your trike and you will be the most rested one at the end of the day. We took the trip last summer and it took us 28 days and that's not giving you a lot of time in each place. You just need to pick where you want to go and plan around it.

No I don't. I worked at the Kendall District for 16 years then a short stint at Northside (Liberty City) and to our 911 (communications center) for my last 10 years.

Before moving to Key Largo in 1998 I used to live at 10201 SW 102 Terrace on the 14th hole of the golf course. Was there from 1980 to 1998. Mike is retired from Miami-Dade warrants division as a Sgt. Frank from Airport. They both work with me now in Monroe Reserves.

New trike owner

Hello from southern Ohio ! Sold my 04 ultra classic and bought an 07 ultra classic trike conversion just a week ago. Snow on the ground here. So all I can do is polish and make a wish list for it. looking forward to spring!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png