Roadsmith gl1800 goldwing has anyone heard anything about the RS going to links brake

Apr 30, 2010
Hernando, MS.
Roadsmith gl1800 goldwing has anyone heard anything about the RS going to links brake

I was talking to a RS dealer the other day, he said the new RS were going to links brakes back on the Honda Goldwing didn't know if existing RS would be included, anyone know anything?

All Roadsmith dealers received this brief email that applies to future RS GL1800 builds. The letter does not name the specific parts or procedure changes, but will be included in future install manuals. Linking the front and rear brakes will obviously result in pretty much the same thing as manually applying the front and rear brakes at the same time, it will just happen automatically when you apply the rear brakes. I can find out the specifics and post it up here when I do.

Attention Roadsmith Dealer: said:
There has been an installation change in regards to the braking system on our GL1800 Roadsmith trike conversion (HTS/HT1800). This change results in rear integrated brakes, providing increased stopping power for your customer.

To ensure proper procedure, please review changes to the written instructions on all future builds BEFORE disassembling motorcycle.

Linked brakes

While I was in Daytona on Saturday, I posed that question to Roadsmith located at the track.
I was told that the new kits will be linked, but he could not tell me when that will be implemented. The rep also said that it might be possible to have an older kit upgraded with parts from Roadsmith but no price was quoted.

Bottom line to me was, YES the newer kits will have linked brakes at some point in time. MAYBE an upgrade will be available for older kits

NO PRICE was quoted for the upgrade

Just what I was told by the rep.
No biggee for me as my trike stops just fine.

Jim

This change results in rear integrated brakes
Wondering if this means when using the brake pedal, the front brakes will activate also. But, when using the brake lever the rear brakes will not be activated?????
That's the way my Hannigan is linked!

This change results in rear integrated brakes
Wondering if this means when using the brake pedal, the front brakes will activate also. But, when using the brake lever the rear brakes will not be activated?????
That's the way my Hannigan is linked!

Yeah that is how it will work.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleycruiseraz
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png