SSS: Stupidly Simple Solution

Oct 14, 2015
Cuero
I posted a while back about the progress on my Kawasaki Voyager Champion conversion, and how it was unrideable, with the front end flopping hard left, or right.

Well, I found the stupidly simple solution; drop the rear tire pressure from 35 pounds to 20 pounds. Yep, that's all it took. Lowered the rear end by a 1/4" and now she's a dream.

Me n Mama went for a little spin, sans the bodywork, and it was a pleasure. Still waiting for the rear brake residual valve. Once the rear brake system is done, it will be time to put on the bodywork, and wrap things up.

Easy to back out of the shop, and U-turns are a breeze. I'm gonna like this, for shore.

DSCN0025.JPGDSCN0026.JPGDSCN0027.JPG

Residual Valve

It did come with the kit, but the threaded male end cracked when I tried to torque it to specs. Luckily I felt it give before it broke off in the "T" fitting. Supposedly one was mailed to me, but it's never shown up, and it didn't have a tracking number. After a week of waiting, Champion shipped one by UPS, with a tracking number. It's supposed to arrive by Wed.

"Schin

Did Champion not send you the residual valve? Mine was in one of bags of parts."

On my Champion they sent new intermediary adapters for the exhaust. They go between the muffler and the head pipe. Stock mufflers on mine also. Although they are gutted.

I had the hardest time bleeding the rear brakes. I had it together once bled and done. But I routed the line incorrectly coming off the master. So took it apart, re routed and put it back together. Couldn't get an air bubble out to save my life. Even with a vacuum system. We finally took it all apart and with low pressure and the aid of some plugs forced fluid through section by section. Brakes bled finally. Phew!

Stock Pipes on the 2009 Voyager

"Are they stock pipes? Does Champion replace the exhaust?"

Champion's conversion for the Kawasaki Voyager uses the stock head pipe, and mufflers, with extensions. The left muffler pipe has to be cut, but the right is used, as is.

The stock exhaust is not quiet, but it's not loud either. It's got just enough noise for both my wife and I to be happy. :)

Expecting the Residual Valve today, so back to work on her tomorrow. Yay!!

Shin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carl-FLRT
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png