Jan 27, 2016
Hockley
Hi from Texas. Waiting on my 11 HD Ultra to become a Road Smith Trike. Been riding since 1968 so I have to retrain my brain to ride the trike. Really looking forward to the riding ahead. Live near Houston Tx for the past 33 years, retired in 14 and loving it. Hope to meet many of you in my rides. Thanks.
Ron

Welcome, Ron! Yes I remember that "re-training" session I went through, so take your time and be careful. I spent some time in a large parking lot practicing figure 8s, circles and turns around lamp poles to get an idea of how close I am in the turns. I ran over a few curbs but now it the best thing ever. You will love it! The more you ride it, the more you will like it!

Hello Ron and from the U.P. of Michigan welcome to the website. I know that when I started riding three wheels it only took a few miles before I was comfortable. But I recommend that all new riders practice in an empty parking lot with two markers about 50 feet apart, then do figure 8s. That will get you used to the turning and also the wider rear end. Also, when you are ready for fuel, watch out for those yellow posts near gas pumps, they will jump out at you!!! Ride safe.

Welcome, Ron! Yes I remember that "re-training" session I went through, so take your time and be careful. I spent some time in a large parking lot practicing figure 8s, circles and turns around lamp poles to get an idea of how close I am in the turns. I ran over a few curbs but now it the best thing ever. You will love it! The more you ride it, the more you will like it!
I plan on doing just that in an open parking lot. Also planning on taking a trike safety course as well. Thanks for all the tips.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png