Anyone ride this weekend?

Big_Steve

Tour Captain - Contributing Member
May 23, 2010
Southwest Florida
I drove around some yesterday after fiddling with a few things on the trike. Today I did my yardwork in the 98* Sun, then cruised around the beach for a few hours.

Don't have time for long rides right now. I hope that's going to change in about a month. I expect to join a local club. They do one long ride per month, and a few shorties during each month.

Every ride counts, Steve :). Mike and I took a fun ride this afternoon. Low humidity, mid 70s, sunshine.... What a beautiful day. No real destination except we stopped to get a burger. Just a good time to enjoy the day.

Rode with the Patriot Guard to a funeral yesterday morning. Almost wished I didn't. I was tail gunner and was keeping a 3 second interval from the trike that was in front of me. The truck carrying our supplies was behind me. I was told that we were to pickup one rider about 10 miles from our starting position. He is a good friend of the trike rider in front of me. Well, we get to where the rider was and the trike in front of me stops dead. Absolutely stopped. He was more to the right in the staggard formation so I hit the brakes and at the same time moved to the left missing him by inches.

The new rider and the trike guy fall in behind me and I pulled over to let them get in front of me. I then kept at least a 5 second interval and when we got to our destination he comes up to me and apologizes. I did not have a chance to say anything when at least three other riders started giving him holy **** as the truck driver behind me (normally a Goldwing rider) called out on her CB what had happened.

After the funeral was over, I rode back by myself. Not wanting to ride with him again. Last weekend I rode 1466 miles to Oklahoma, Arkansas and back to Texas with a bunch of friends and the only excitement we had was one of the riders had a flat.

Learned that I do not want to ride with people I don't know.

Oh yea..........participated in a memorial poker run and then went into the nearest town and got some lunch. By the time we got done the mercury was at 105!!!!

We took our sweet time getting home,taking several air conditioning breaks:yes:

Sunday morning we got up early and rode to the next town with a decent grocery store and got some steaks for the grill:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png