Stallion Questions

Feb 8, 2008
Wildwood, GA
Presently own a GL1800 with a M/T kit and wife is interested in purchasing a Stallion. Do they (Stallion) have the power of a goldwing? Are they as comfortable to ride? What about communicating with your passenger? Finally, what about a cb that works with your helmet headset?

Presently own a GL1800 with a M/T kit and wife is interested in purchasing a Stallion. Do they (Stallion) have the power of a goldwing? Are they as comfortable to ride? What about communicating with your passenger? Finally, what about a cb that works with your helmet headset?

Set up a test "DRIVE', not ride, as it has a steering wheel!
The difficulty getting in and out, as opposed to getting on and off a true motorcycle trike should be enough to change her mind or not.
Some people love them!
Don't know about your other questions! You would think, if those options were available, they would be shown on the Stallion web sight?!
If no intercom-you could always ad blue tooth ones to your helmets

Power I am sure plenty of it Gas mileage i herd 30MPG, Friend (Woman 5'2"" 130lb ripped the mirror off trying to get out of one at Americade 3 years ago. Easier to DRIVE than a GW trike would be to ride.
Would i buy one YES if they could be registered in my state not sure if it can be. I would not give up the WING. I love the attention so I would buy one. i have yet to see many on the road. Americade is on right now I am going in 2 days . Last year I saw 3 Stallions one was reg. the other 2 were dealers Out of 50,000 bikes. Not because they are new , because I saw 5 or 6 Can AM Spyders even saw a few Victory visions

I had a Stallion for a few months. J & M has a CB that sort of works. Intercom is built in the CB. My J&M CB had a range of about 10 feet, so not very useful.
The seat is hard, can be modified to improve ride.
Its up to each to make the choice, just did not work out for me.

my J&M works fine, I pulled it off of my FJR1300 and put it on my stallion, just as good range as on the FJR.

it will outpower any GW Trike.

mine is vin #538 and they have improved the seats since them, early 2009.

get the J&M for 2 and both driver and passenger can talk to each other, just like the set up on the wing.

you need to take a test drive to check out the comfort, I have ridden a 1800 wing and I think the Stallion is better.

there is one dealer that sells the J&M, DO NOT buy from them, they want $900 and you can get one for 2 people for somewhere around $500 if you shop around with J&M dealers.

I have found that most of the dealers sell there after market stuff for very large profit, all the stuff can be found for much less if you shop around.

I have a GL1500 and my wife has a stallion. Hands down the stallion will out power a Goldwing on 2 wheels must less a trike.

As Mentioned above the mirrors are not ment to be handels, they are break away design, but they pop right back into place.

If my wife had to choose between a Goldwing Trike and the stallion she would chose Stallion. I would chose Goldwing. Each person is different in how they like to sit, I prefer the more uprite position of a Goldwing, she like the car like qualities and safety of the stallion.

Test Drive all of them, it is a big investment, take some time researching, but in the end a drive comparing Goldwing, Harley and Stallion is what will tell you the answer.

Starwing the Stallion is very fast. My wife loves hers because of the way it is built and handles. Despite the steering wheel it is a trike. If you look under the body work you will see the biggest triple trees I have ever seen. The rear half is all motor trike. She has put over 20k miles on it in 2 years. Several 400 mile days and she says it is comfortable. The J&M CB/Intercom works great. I ride my HD trike and we talk back and forth with out issues.

Starwing, my husband had a GL 1800 and later a Victory Vision which I rode as a co-rider. Traded in the Vision when we bought the Stallion. I love being able to help with the driving. As for comfort, the GW and Stallion are comparable. The trike stability is better on highway as trucks go by. The Stallion ride is less tiring over a long day. I think the GW storage areas for luggage were roomier. Haven't made a decision yet about a luggage rack for the Stallion which will help with stashing rain gear.
I like the attention that the uniqueness of the Stallion draws. If you like riding with clubs, you may be better off sticking with a Wing and going with GWRRA chapters.
Someone mentioned getting in and out. Agree that this is an issue, particularly if you (or wife) have shorter legs. No easy or graceful way to do it. Once you do your test drives, you'll know!

Getting in and out is easy when you get the techique down. My wife starts from the left side putting her right foot on the board, left foot into the area on the left side foot area, then bring your right foot across into the other side, and you are in. Works for both if you are riding two up. Works for her anyway. Some people say not to step on the running boards, we have for 2 years and I weigh 220, without issue.

Oooops, I may have a problem, as of this morning I weighed in at 232...but I am on the downward trend, hopefully I'll be on the "happy" side of 220 by the time August rolls around.

Seriously, I saw a picture of the Stallion "naked" and it looked like there was frame support under those running boards.

molinoman-albums-stallion-pics-picture3498-naked-stallion.jpg

Dennis

51 dtg Dubai
52 dtg Home

the older Stallion's had a fiberglass body and you could not step on the so called step. this was 08" and older.

the 09",s and newer are ABS plastic and there is a frame under the step area and a rubber pad to step on.

step away I starteed out on the stallion a year ago at 402 lbs:eek:, now down to 340:cool:, the step will hold you and a friend, if it can hold my big butt.:D

Edit; ABS Body

hellow out there in the stallion corral, has any one serviced there stallions steering head? mine was loose at about 22,00 mi factory does not have any torque values or the best way to go about serviceingv it

ralph, outside of lubing the fittings on the steering arm there should not be any service required. At least none that I am aware of.

all you old stallion riders, any of you had cruse control switch problems?
mine[# 555 ] has had all the switches replaced in cludeing a upgraded stop switch twice , and had to replace the auchator motor in the engine compartment

Ralph. We only had trouble with vin 175 the cruise did not work when the fuse blew for the brake lights. Happened only once. No problems on Vin 406. 14k on 175 and 10 k on 406.

Ralph. We only had trouble with vin 175 the cruise did not work when the fuse blew for the brake lights. Happened only once. No problems on Vin 406. 14k on 175 and 10 k on 406.

I never had any problem with the cruse control, but I finnaly had the brake switch replaced to the waterproff one found on the new Stallions and all is well in Stallionville now! Ford dealer did the work.

Eddie just FYI the brake switch I was having problems with at Maggie Valley was the new switch. The plunger broke in the switch. They (TBMS) overnighted a new one and all is well.

Stop useing running boards,Stand on left side put left foot inside facing forward ,stand straight up put right leg over seat sit down. If you do it from right side just put right foot first.275lbs. only 5'11'' after about 4 time will work fine.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
randmevape
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png