Full flow oil filters

Sep 26, 2014
yateley hants uk
What are the thought on these full flow oil filter, it bolts on the end of the oil pump and takes a standard screw on cartridge.
Is there any loss of pressure through resistance of the cartridge?

I have a large Oil cooler on my Trike also.
What I did not realize when I installed it that the oil lines cost more than the cooler itself.

Lines can be spendy.
I got a Hayden kit that came with hoses, clamps, and hose fittings. Not the best hookup, but ok if you keep an eye on it and change the hoses yearly.
Braided steel lines and AN fittings will come when $$$ is available.
Also added a 9" fan for when I'm grinding slow up those steep hills, and airflow is low.

- - - Updated - - -

What are the thought on these full flow oil filter, it bolts on the end of the oil pump and takes a standard screw on cartridge.
Is there any loss of pressure through resistance of the cartridge?

Re: oil pressure, mine came with the full flow, and indicates 47-49 lbs.
Showed no loss after I added the cooler either.

Where do you get these. I am interested in looking into this more.

I think I have a 32mm not a 36mm
The old one must have been a 30mm
Sorry for the confusion It was a long time ago when I replaced it

I got it from Dans performance But any VW parts shop should have different sizes.
I had a pic showing the difference in gear sizes but I guess when my son updated my web site he accidentally got rid of it

Also if you take the pump off you can measure the height of your gears. That will tell you what size you have
Be carfule when putting it back together that you use the correct gaskets in the correct location. Otherwise you may end up with to much clearance between the end of the gears and the plate

In case you have not taken it apart here is a pic with the cover off mine
eng28.jpg

Cheers for that info,i will look on Dan's site.
I am in the UK and i have not seen one over here, if i order from the US customs slap their price on as well so what you pay in the US tranlates to UK pounds, not good. Anyhow thats another story, i will still look around.

Another place that is great to deal with is CarCraft:

http://carcraftstore.com/

Here is probably the one that you are wanting to install including the "bypassed" oil pump: http://carcraftstore.com/oilfilterpumps.aspx

And it gives you the option on the 3 rivet or 4 rivet camshaft.

However, keep in mind that if you ever decide to install a merged 4 in 1 header system these pumps WILL NOT work with the merged header. You cannot install the oil filter!

In fact, the rep from CarCraft sent me the new pump for free because they did not have that disclosure on the merged header.............Now they have the disclosure. :p :
http://carcraftstore.com/mergeexhaustsystem.aspx

I had that exact pump, and still have it in a box, and when I purchased and installed the 4 in 1 merged header I had to buy a totally different oil pump front plate. I ended up relocating my oil filter and running hoses to it.

Just an FYI if you ever do decide to buy a merged exhaust system.

I had that exact pump, and still have it in a box, and when I purchased and installed the 4 in 1 merged header I had to buy a totally different oil pump front plate. I ended up relocating my oil filter and running hoses to it.

My exhaust is kind of close to the filter but I can still get it off
Last summer I used a shorter filter thinking the exhaust would heat up a long one to much
In the colder months I used a longer filter
I think this summer I will stick with the longer filter and just keep a eye on it. If it becomes an issue I will switch back to a short filter

My exhaust is kind of close to the filter but I can still get it off
Last summer I used a shorter filter thinking the exhaust would heat up a long one to much
In the colder months I used a longer filter
I think this summer I will stick with the longer filter and just keep a eye on it. If it becomes an issue I will switch back to a short filter

With the merged header there isn't even enough room for the shorter filter. :mad:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skijudge
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png