test ride.

520fd

550+ Posts
Aug 9, 2010
Davenport, Iowa USA
I took my first ride on a Spyder the other day. 2010 rt-s Manual trans. First. the throttle had a lot of play in it.

Second, the clutch wouldn't take hold till the last 1/4" of the handle/ Causing me to kill the engine big time. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I don't think so.?? Any way the ride was so smooth. I didn't feel the bumps in the road at all. The real killer was my wife didn't fit the passenger seat. She not a big lady per say. The problem was the back rest was too thick for her. Just couldn't sit back comfortably.

Is there any one that makes a seat with a thinner back rest?

Maybe custom made?

I currently ride a 2001 Goldwing with a Tow-Pac kit on it. I'm sure the throttle and clutch can be adjusted. Any help much appreciated. Jerry

Last edited:
The throttle and clutch can most likely be adjusted, as for the backrest, take it for another test ride and run it past an upholstery shop that works on automobiles. They will be able to tell what adjustments can be made to make your co-pilot more comfortable.

520fd;348720&quot ; rel= said:
I took my first ride on a Spyder the other day.

2010 rt-s Manual trans. First. the throttle had a lot of play in it.

Second, the clutch wouldn't take hold till the last 1/4" of the handle/ Causing me to kill the engine big time. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I don't think so.?? Any way the ride was so smooth. I didn't feel the bumps in the road at all. The real killer was my wife didn't fit the passenger seat. She not a big lady per say. The problem was the back rest was to thick for her. Just couldn't sit back comfortably.

Is there any on that makes a seat with a thinner back rest?

Maybe custom made? I currently ride a 2001 Goldwing with a Tow-Pac kit on it.

I'm sure the throttle and clutch can be adjusted. Any help much appreciated. Jerry

I would suggest checking in on several of the CanAm forums about the year/model you are looking at prior to purchase!

As for the backrest for your wife. The Gold Wing has a "lean back" position for the passenger. The CanAm is more straight up/down as most motorcycles seem to be. My wife did not like this when we switched from our ultra to the 1800 Wing. Didn't take her long to get used to the "laid back" as I bet your wife would get used to the CanAm quickly.

not sure if you have the 2010 but the newer 1330 models with semi automatic is a better setup for a Spyder choice.
No Clutch handle and no brake handle..

There are other brands of backrests/seats out there. Corbin,Ultima and others have stated a seat shop..I think Russells day long works on Spyder seats too..

Some Spyder seats sit the driver back farther (Comfort Seat) which gives the passenger less room..

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png