Tail light fit

Jun 28, 2015
Nova Scotia Canada
I have a 2015 Goldwing with an 2015 HTS Roadsmith kit installed. My tail lights in the kit do not fit properly and was wondering if anyone else has this problem. The problem is that the tail lights do not go in far enough. The red plastic of the tail light does not touch the body of the kit, there is a gap of about 3/8 in. Just wondering if I`m not the only one. I will be having the company rep. look at it when we go to Americade this year. Would post pictures, but don`t know how.

Bob

You might check with Roadsmith themselves. They are on here all the time. Great bunch! Never mind, I just noticed that you posted it in the Roadsmith forum.

going to be driving to litchfield il in may to talk to them
and hopefully test ride. its about 240 miles for us to get there.niehaus cycles has an open house may 13-15.
hope they have a victory demo.
i was told some other trike people would also be there.
also talked to mcgrath in cedar rapids, ia. and got a labor price from them. they are a vic dealer and have done the kits. they are also one of the largest honda dealers. they might know something. they have 1 tech devoted to building the roadsmith kits.

going to be driving to litchfield il in may to talk to them
and hopefully test ride. its about 240 miles for us to get there.niehaus cycles has an open house may 13-15.
hope they have a victory demo.
i was told some other trike people would also be there.
also talked to mcgrath in cedar rapids, ia. and got a labor price from them. they are a vic dealer and have done the kits. they are also one of the largest honda dealers. they might know something. they have 1 tech devoted to building the roadsmith kits.

I really like our Roadsmith . Hope you find something there that you will like.

Bob

Some here.
My 1 year anniversary living with my Roadsmith unit
added to my '12 Goldwing was nothing short of great.

Just feel if I chose anything else it would of been a mistake.

I really enjoy my Roadsmith also. Have only driven it for about 3 1/2 months and am waiting anxiously waiting for warm weather to get it on the road this spring. I will be seeing a dealer rep at Americade the first week of June to address my tail light fit. See then what the company will do to make me happy.

Bob

I really enjoy my Roadsmith also. Have only driven it for about 3 1/2 months and am waiting anxiously waiting for warm weather to get it on the road this spring. I will be seeing a dealer rep at Americade the first week of June to address my tail light fit. See then what the company will do to make me happy.

Bob

Bob - if you could, please forward me a couple pictures of your tailight to this email address: jim@roadsmithtrikes.com
In your email could you please let me know who was your installing dealer and possibly the frame number of your conversion? I'm glad that you enjoy your trike, and sorry that you are experiencing a fit/finish issue.

Jim

Bob - if you could, please forward me a couple pictures of your tailight to this email address: jim@roadsmithtrikes.com
In your email could you please let me know who was your installing dealer and possibly the frame number of your conversion? I'm glad that you enjoy your trike, and sorry that you are experiencing a fit/finish issue.

Jim

jim,do you folks have a vic vtr in your demo truck ?
am looking forward to trying out the roadsmith brand.
will be at the niehaus appreciation days in may. its
about 240 miles from me in nw ill.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png