Boots on a trike?

I always wear boots, always will. The only time I went down on a 2-wheeler, my boots saved me from much more serous damage to my leg and foot. As it was, my lower leg was broken in two places and my foot was twisted around 180 degrees backwards. If I had been wearing tennies instead of tall steel toe boots, I almost certainly would have lost some toes, (the leather on the toe of my boot was ground off, and the steel underneath had deep gouges and scratches) and probably would have had the ends of broken bones digging into the dirt.

Everybody has to choose for themselves how much risk they are willing to take. Bike or trike, I'll wear boots.

Bob: (RLPCEP) you brought up a good point when you mentioned 71 yrs. I can relate to what your saying about it's a wonder you survived, but what you have to take into consideration is the fact that you did'nt have everyone around you distracted with the cell phones, text msg. or twitter & everything else they do now. just going for a ride nowadays you always encounter at least one Bonehead......

I used to ride in shorts and sandals. Getting a bit more safety conscious in my upper years. I now always wear long pants and always leather footwear - but don't even own boots. Still don't wear or even own a helmet, but seriously considering one.

I wear sneakers, Bates Boots, ankle boots and Cowboy Boots when I want to feel taller. Used to wear shorts but stopped after getting popped on the shin by a big bug. It is difficult to maximize safety and comfort at the same time. Safety wins in my book.

I hit a deer on two wheels going 70 MPH last year. I had Bates Boots on and although I had a severe ankle sprain, I rolled on the asphalt four times and without the boots on my ankle injury would have been much worse.

I teach Trike safety and we always stress if you like it protect it. Sometimes, I wear tennis shoes on the tirke, but will revert to the boots over the ankle.

My current hiking boots are just about toast. I want to get a new pair for triking etc and thought a pair with zippers would be nice. Does anybody have experience with Milwaukee Accelerator Boots? they look well made with two side zippers. Haven't seen them other than on line. The Bates boots also seem very popular after reading the other posts. I have aqua shields on my trilke so the thickness of the toe of the boot may also be a concern for shifting. Thanks in advance........Alan

When going long distance, in cold or rain, I wear my Cruiserworks side zipper boots (easy to get on and off with bad back). They are 100% waterproof with military grade toe armor (not steel, another material). I've been wearing their boots for over 10 years and am very happy with them. Feet stay bone dry and they are comfortable. They had been made in Canada, but are now being made in the USA. company is in NC. They also back up their boots big time. I had a problem last year after 1 year warranty and they still replaced them at no charge.
p.s.
No, I don't work for them.

It would be nice to wear shorts and sandals and no helmet, but I've heard of too many grisly scenes to do that. John insists that we wear boots, gloves and helmets every time we get on the trike. I've 'cheated' sometimes with sneakers, but I understand the need to keep ankles, wrists and heads protected. You never know . . .

It would be nice to wear shorts and sandals and no helmet, but I've heard of too many grisly scenes to do that. John insists that we wear boots, gloves and helmets every time we get on the trike. I've 'cheated' sometimes with sneakers, but I understand the need to keep ankles, wrists and heads protected. You never know . . .

Yep....I've witnessed a lota' things over the years I wouldn't want to detail much here...even with small helmets....:(

I can vouch for the use of the helmet. I was T-boned about 19 months ago and would not be sitting here had I not used my skid lid !!!! And boots for the feet.

Tomg

I can vouch for the use of the helmet. I was T-boned about 19 months ago and would not be sitting here had I not used my skid lid !!!! And boots for the feet.

Tomg

If you search Big Dog he posted some pictures of Tom's trike after being hit. Amen to the helmet.

Yes I wear Jeans and Boots while riding just as though I am still on 2 wheels, never tennis shoes or anything like that because laces can get hung up in the shifter pegs or anything else. I do wear slip on biker boots. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuele
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png