Boots on a trike?

Oldie but goodie:laugh:

When I rode my Transalp I wore AGVSPORT jacket, usually the pants (suited up), it has armor for knees, thighs, elbows, shoulders and back. I wore my Army combat boots, old style black leather. Always wore eye protection. Never got on that bike without a decent helmet, full or 3/4. Wore shorty gloves too.

Same for riding cruisers, except it was jeans and leathers. Boots most of the time, yes, I hand tennis shoe days in town. Always eye protection, gloves and helmet.

On my trike, a bit different, this past summer, jeans, t-shirt, tennis shoes or hiking style boots, gloves, eye protection and helmet.

Now, this fall until next summer, I'm going to get that suit back out, it has waterproof liner and insulated liner.....or my leathers. Combat boots or, if it's really cold, my old black mickey mouse boots. Heavier gloves, etc.

I'm too old now to look like a bad arse :Dorag:

I also won't bounce like I use to, so all the protection I can get is important.

Didn't mention the Bad Boy air horn on my trike :laugh:

IMHO going without proper protection is just asking for trouble! Now, I'm gonna put on my Trojan and go for a ride....:D

Boots

Mingus41 - You're missing the point, Sir. Probably the most important reason to wear heavy duty, above the ankle boots is to protect your feet in the event of a crash. True, on three we are not as likely to lay a bike down, but if a cager knocks me off my trike, I would certainly like something to keep the skin on my ankles, or maybe even help keep my foot attached to my leg in a more serious collision. However, to each his own.

Totally agree, OLD SCHOOL here, doesn’t matter, on my 2 or 3 wheeler it’s still the SAME,

Boots rule!

:Dorag:

I will use reasonable safety gear for my safety...But if i find i have to dress up like Bibendum, That means i'm riding scared ' And riding scared IMO isn't safe either.....:Shrug:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png