No good spark between me & HD

Bikerbozo

Class Clown
Jun 9, 2010
Coram, NY USA
So, after engine rebuilt (at 86k under warranty), trike really wouldn't start in extreme cold (it did when new). While looking for reasons, I found spark the plug gaps .030" and .040". Supposed to be .036-.043 per manual. No more cold days this year to test of this was issue. So I brought it in for 90k service before big trips. Left a specific note pay attention to gaps. When I pick it up (actually done in timely manner, for once), service desk passes word that gaps are "pre set" and they usually don't check them. Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhh!!!
On another note, I can't speak for other dealers, but my HD gives you points for money spent. You could build it over years for discount. They just switched to a plan that resets every year, wiping out any points earned.

I can sympathize... trike goes in for warranty work and they decide that I am not running the right tire pressures,

they also have a rewards setup, and it had been cumulative. Last December, I got an email that the rewards would expire at the end of the year if they did not get used. At least they let me load them onto a gift card, so I didn't lose the money. Bought new bars! :pepper:

So, not super, super cold this morning. Only down to 23'F. Trike started right up with no delays. Nice ride down to Philly. Up to NH last week. Trike running good. If it was a shovelhead, I would be afraid to ride to Tucson in 1 1/2 weeks (they always ran best right before they self destructed).

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png